Effective Wing Scorer Topic

Anyone have thoughts on why this guy isn't an effective offensive player?  We've tried him at PG/SG/SF, started him vs brought him off the bench, and tried to give him higher distributions against weaker defenders.  

He's good on defense--the guys across from him generally don't score or shoot well.  But it seems like he should be doing a lot more on offense.

Thoughts appreciated. 

http://whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=3733&pid=2211544

12/31/2012 2:24 PM
You need a little low post.   Unless your ATH/SPD are close to 80 you need a LP around 20 to be an effective scorer.

He's only an average 3 point guy, the 60's scorers are okay, but I wouldn't expect him to be much more than 36%.

And the D- in FT doesn't help....
12/31/2012 2:34 PM
You 100% do not need any lp to have an effective wing scorer (at guard... not as true at sf), but this guy would need it because his scoring attributes aren't great. He should be able to score fine against backups... maybe part of it is a tougher schedule and/or just bad randomization over a small sample size. But the bottom line is, if you were counting on this guy to be an effective scorer, you were always going to be disappointed. The fact that your team passing is very low doesn't help this guy.
12/31/2012 3:13 PM
Possibly play him at a -1. He does not have enough per to be a really good 3 point shooter, but he can take one once in awhile and be fine, but take advantage of his ath and spd. He will be able to draw fouls more than likely even if his lp is not good. Even though his FT sucks, he can create problems for opponents if they get into foul trouble.
12/31/2012 7:02 PM
I'm kind of in between trenton and jsajsa...  LP definitely helps a lot in guards.  I definitely wouldn't think he'd be a good scorer, but he shold be more than capable of shooting better than 40%.  My guess would be that, while your pg doesn't have bad passing, you have way too many guys with single digits in that attribute. 
12/31/2012 7:05 PM
Effective Wing Scorer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.