Batting Eye vs. Contact Topic

Everything else being equal, which do you guys rate higher, batting eye or contact?
1/1/2013 10:38 AM
Batting eye by a long way
1/2/2013 1:41 AM
Once Contact gets into the 90's, I would take it., I think.

Especially if were talking about a guy with speed, too.
1/2/2013 10:49 AM
Contact and speed is a great combo and equates to a good increase in batting avg and OBP.  You can pretty much take batting eye (whatever the figure may be) and add that to the avg for the OBP, and get pretty close.

Having said that, I would rather have a lineup full of guys with batting eye over 90 than contact over 90.  Getting on base via a walk is a guarantee, making contact is not, depending on what the defense does.

1/2/2013 12:57 PM
Batting eye and it's not even close. Good eye will have a huge impact on HR, so that low contact hitters can still be studs with PWR and BE
1/2/2013 1:58 PM
True, and IMO there is a glitch that needs to be fixed with those guys with eye and power over 90 and other ratings in the doghouse, that tend to hit 45 bombs in a season.
1/2/2013 4:28 PM
Rob Deer doesn't think it is an issue
1/2/2013 5:09 PM
Posted by rangerup on 1/2/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
True, and IMO there is a glitch that needs to be fixed with those guys with eye and power over 90 and other ratings in the doghouse, that tend to hit 45 bombs in a season.
I have a plethra of those guys in my system although I prefer the guy that hits for average, gets on base and is fast.
1/2/2013 5:28 PM
Batting Eye vs. Contact Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.