how long does it take to get to d1A? Topic

i just started playing GD and i just took over my first team in d3. i know its gonna take a while to get to d1A but its my goal. so how long at the least if everything goes right will it take to get to d1A?
1/1/2013 7:56 PM
It has to do with number of wins and overall achievement.  Getting to D-II is easy, win 6 games at DIII and there are plenty of teams (not good ones mind you) open in DII.   That's the only measurable that I know of.  I don't think it is possible in 5 seasons unless you won the NC in DIII, DII, and DIAA in those 5 seasons.   I'd bank on between 8 and 10 as minimum if you are racking up wins fast. 
1/1/2013 8:10 PM
thx for answering. that's what i thought i knew it would not be easy.
1/1/2013 10:46 PM
I started out in DIII with this Heisman experiment with the goal to get to D1A ASAP. It is my 10th season and I made it. 2 seasons in DIII, 3 in DII, 4 in D1AA, and now in the WAC in D1A. 89 total wins over 9 seasons.
1/2/2013 11:18 AM
Generally around 85 wins or so.  CC's may speed that up a little.  Plus depending on what school your looking at in D1A you may need more than the minimum to be qualified for it, especially if it is in a BCS conference.  Wins are the bigger factor.   As someone said, you can get to DII fast.  But it will take around 45 wins or so to make the jump from DII on up to D1AA.
1/2/2013 11:30 AM
how long does it take to get to d1A? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.