Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Posted by bjaygee on 1/2/2013 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tampafla on 1/2/2013 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjaygee on 1/2/2013 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Part of the problem when this is discussed - the "upsets happen" mantra - is that the impact of an upset loss is substantially higher for D1A teams than those at lower levels.  Coaches at the elites have invested the time to understand the game thoroughly and do what's necessary to succeeed in all of the facets - recruiting, gameplay, etc.  When they are denied an opportunity at an NC simply because the engine decided to randomly crap on them, it's beyond frustrating. 
Sure…that is the debatably. A loss hurts for all teams but Elites have a superior advantage as it is. They could lose three games out of conference and run the table the rest of the way. Their talent advantage is consistently superior to whoever they face.  And at the lower levels a loss is just as equal to a loss at the higher level. Now you go from a one seed to a three seed with how wacked up the ranking system is which in turn causes a much earlier matchup of top teams. Someone is losing and someone is losing vision. Bigger impact if you ask me to a two loss Elite in a level 5 again and equal chance at a title game the next season. Little ole Worchester State may have to wait four seasons before it has a team strong enough to win it all again.
I respect your opinion but disagree.  "Little ole Worchester State" isn't playing the level of competition that D1A coaches face.  It plays SIMs and newbies and even with a loss can get into a 32 team tournament.  D1A schools are penalized for soft schedules and can't get to an NC unless they're a 1 or 2 seed.  That's apples and oranges.
Apples to Apples my friend. If you’re at and Elite you shouldn't be playing sister of poor anyways. Level of competition is relative and a mut point in this debate. Mr Oklahoma is always going to have better talent then Kansas State. If it loses then that is on the coach not on the sim. Upsets happen to everyone and I really don't feel sorry when it happens to an Elite. We all know it happens now...might as well move on with business as usually.

When I was at California in Dobie my Schedule was consistently stronger than about 75% of the elites in that world. So I will respectfully disagree with you as well. The only thing that can be argued in this debate is OOC schedule. Check the Elite rankings right now and see how many “Elites” scheduled an OOC schedule worthy of a national title. 2 humans and 3 sims is the formula my friend. Or Four in the bag wins and one we should beat them game or toss up. Once conference play rolls around the Elites have a far superior advantage as they can’t play themselves. Much easier to be Oklahoma and play Texas every year and rotate Nebraska, than be Texas A&M and potentially get Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska in the same season.

A D-III to D-1AA team could have to go through 5 top 10 rosters after is CC game to get the hardware. An Elite may face two all season long. But at the end of the day the upsets need to be corrected. What happened to Fac’s Texas team is insane The Buffaloes faithful will never forget that one. We both have differing opinions on the topic but thats the beauty of the mind.
1/2/2013 4:00 PM
Upsets happen. Texas threw three picks. This game will probably be Colorado's bright spot. In real life, this gets "chalked" up to a case of overconfidence.
1/2/2013 8:14 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/2/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Upsets happen. Texas threw three picks. This game will probably be Colorado's bright spot. In real life, this gets "chalked" up to a case of overconfidence.
exactly where do I find the Confidence button in this game? Starfinder please refrain from posting positive **** about the engine in my Wis bash Thread. You can go start you own thread....please see original post.

and Tampafla, nobody cares about..my team in bryant did this and my team in heisman did this. again please keep this thread on course. NO POSITIVE WIS comments please. 
1/2/2013 10:24 PM (edited)
I would find a different forum to post in then.. because you are going to find people who will post both positive and negative stuff regardless of what you decided to put in your original post. 
1/2/2013 10:30 PM
I believe some users have been upset before because people have posted negative comments on threads that were intended to be positive. This was intended to be a negative thread so please post accordingly.  Thanks  
1/2/2013 10:44 PM
F*ck WIS! This engine sucks!
1/2/2013 10:46 PM
GD 2.0 is a POS that blows
1/2/2013 11:23 PM
The problem with the upset argument is this is a game.... A better team/coach should always beat an inferior opponent. Imagine playing Mortal Kombat and losing a match because your character randomly had a heart attack.... (possible, right?) Or playing Forza, being in the lead at the final quarter mile and have your engine explode into a ball flames. (even more possibly, right) How about your World Of Warcraft character developing pancreatic cancer and dying (and being deleted). Its realistic right? Except I play games to escape from reality - In reality I have 0 chance of being head coach at a division I school....

Randomness and reality are only assets when they add to the experience of a game - not when they detract from that experience. The engine in its current state is crap.... My current (and only team) plays for the national championship in a couple of days - but it means squat to me because I know the engine is flawed. I won more dice rolls then my opponents this year...
1/2/2013 11:26 PM
Posted by bhouska on 1/2/2013 10:46:00 PM (view original):
F*ck WIS! This engine sucks!
LOL. Thats what I'm talking about!!
1/3/2013 12:12 AM
Posted by jibe on 1/2/2013 11:23:00 PM (view original):
GD 2.0 is a POS that blows
Thank you to those that understand!
1/3/2013 12:12 AM
I'm losing tomorrows game for sure!
1/3/2013 12:14 AM
Not to get off topic again (sorry fastec ;-)).. but I play WIS games for the randomness (which include the upsets).. If I wanted to just dominate a computer I would play my NCAA13 on my PS3.. and I dont see why the better team/coach should always win.. thats not how it is and this is supposed to be a college football simulation. 
1/3/2013 12:18 AM
Posted by fastec27 on 1/2/2013 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/2/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
exactly where do I find the Confidence button in this game? Starfinder please refrain from posting positive **** about the engine in my Wis bash Thread. You can go start you own thread....please see original post.

and Tampafla, nobody cares about..my team in bryant did this and my team in heisman did this. again please keep this thread on course. NO POSITIVE WIS comments please. 
I wasn't being negative nor was I being positive, I was being realistic. Ur QB has thrown 6 piks all year, 3 of which were in that game. It was nothing more then that a bad game. No matter what version of GD we r playing, results such as this are going to happen. If you played this game 1000 times as talented as Texas is, u would win 990 of them. I'm willing to bet damn near every coach can think back to 1 or 2 games that make u say WTF.
1/3/2013 12:20 AM
And just like Starfinder put in his post 990 of 1000 your going to win.. but the game is built off of percentages... rolls of a die. Eventually you are going to roll a 1 and the computer or someone else is going to roll a six.. and if it happens enough you are going to lose.
1/3/2013 12:25 AM
Posted by genuvar on 1/3/2013 12:18:00 AM (view original):
Not to get off topic again (sorry fastec ;-)).. but I play WIS games for the randomness (which include the upsets).. If I wanted to just dominate a computer I would play my NCAA13 on my PS3.. and I dont see why the better team/coach should always win.. thats not how it is and this is supposed to be a college football simulation. 
I'm going to build it so I can win..... or lose...whichever...as long as I'm in there somewhere... Wait what?  I don't want randomness. If I'm not good enough to out recruit and game plan you then why should I win? wow. just wow.

And please post your Positive WIS propaganda elsewhere. Thanks.

1/3/2013 12:26 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.