Help me with this guy Topic

First time asking for advice on the forums. I have a D3 player who's unlike anyone else I've ever coached, and I'm trying to figure out where he'll end up. His peak ratings are as follows:

ATH 74
SPD 40
REB 73
DEF 99
BLK 32
LP 26
PER 39
BH 49
PAS 34
FT A-

I know he'll be useful because of his defense. I recruited him as a SF, but his SPD, PER and PAS went black quickly, and his REB has just continued to soar. His SPD and PAS are low for a SF. His BLK and LP are low for a PF.

Two questions:
1. Where would you play him?
2. Do you think he'll ever be a decent scorer?
1/2/2013 11:38 AM
Play him at PF (though he would also be fine at SF). I would also tinker with a relatively high distro - that A- FT% will help a lot, because he'll be drawing a lot of fouls with the 74 ATH in DIII. Quite a player. 

What kind of defense are you running?

1/2/2013 1:36 PM
I agree with bbunch. I had a DIII sg who had a lot of ath and def, but his per was not that good and his LP was decent, maybe 40's or 50's. He ended up being one of my best scorers and I played him at sg. He shot high percentage and was able to draw a lot of fouls.
1/2/2013 2:53 PM
At his peak, he's the starting PF without a doubt. Will be fine as a middle of the pack scoring option.
1/2/2013 3:16 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Bbunch, I play man. I still don't have a good handle on how much BLK plays into post defense.

Also, I think I read this doesn't matter, but his listed position is SG. There's no penalty for playing him at PF, right?
1/2/2013 4:40 PM
mrg, this guy will be a GREAT PF in man D for DIII. No pentlty at all. Give him a moderate enough distro to where he shoots a lot of free throws. His lower FG% will more than made up for by the FT's he takes. 
1/2/2013 10:42 PM (edited)
I believe if he draws enough fouls, his FG% will not be affected. I think the shot does not count as an attempt if the shot is missed and he is fouled. I could be wrong on this.
1/2/2013 11:00 PM
you're right, poncho
1/4/2013 1:59 PM
PF for me. he'll be faster than 95% of the guys he's up against. set him at -1 or -2 and make him draw fouls. 
1/4/2013 3:22 PM
He will be a bonafide D3 stud. He will be able to play anywhere from the 3 to 5 slot. I would put him on your opponents best front court scorer and feed him enough distro to get that guy in foul trouble too. Don't get worked up on his position, he can play 3.
1/5/2013 11:57 PM
Help me with this guy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.