2013 MvG Challenge - NHL '95 Topic

My 4th year-long game challenge is here, and did I really have any other choice than to do something hockey related?  Short answer, no, so I am playing 26 or 27 seasons of NHL 95 on SNES in 2013...1 with each of the 26 teams and one with an "expansion" team of sorts, comprised of players that didn't score points for me in any of the 26 regular seasons previously.

Regular seasons are 84 games, the minimum number of playoff games I could play with winning the Stanley Cup is 16, so of course winning every game is the goal (and is very possible lol), and I guess I'll set an unofficial goal at a 95% win percentage...so 95 wins out of 100 games basically.

I'm starting with the Detroit Red Wings...5 minute periods, I'm already 17-0...I plan to have daily updates on my facebook group page titled Man v. Game and on my website www.bpisports.com ...if you're interested, join the group, follow along or what have you.  Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/312591775430754/

SEASONS

1. Detroit Red Wings

1/2/2013 1:12 PM
If curious, I have scrapped this challenge, and here's the explanation...from my MvG page...
Might be initializing Plan B here (which I don't concretely know that is at the moment lol) because of my fatalistic nature. So yesterday morning, the NHL lockout ends...the main reason I was playing NHL '95 as my 2013 MvG challenge was because there was no hockey in 2013, and I was going to be it.

So the first game I play post lockout, game #39...I'm killing Anaheim at their place 11-1 with my? Detroit Red Wings. With 3:03 to go in the 3rd, I score goal #12 with Nicklas Lidstrom, and he got a goalie interference penalty in the process. Goal counts. Penalty screen with the ref pops up, and the queue for the penalized player never comes up...just my guys celebrating the goal. I tried getting to the Box manually, no dice. I tried knocking the goal off of the moorings...nothing...I let the game try to fix itself, simply by running for 20-30 mins and then fast forwarding it with ZSNES, and my dudes were just circling with sticks in air celebrating.

Regretfully, I turned the game off, and with everything that went on, it felt and feels like the end of that challenge. I guess I was questioning my NHL '95 selection as well, because I was dominating every team and it felt like I wasn't going to lose, and/or that it was going to be too easy. These happenings feel omen-esque, thus I'm searching for my new 2013 challenge, and I will keep you posted and start it very soon. I've got ideas.

1/13/2013 10:15 PM
2013 MvG Challenge - NHL '95 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.