Opinion on starting PG Topic

Looking for some opinions on who to start at PG this season.  

Paul Fine

or 

Jeffrey Smith

1/2/2013 3:11 PM
I would start Fine, because the 67 SPD for Smith might hurt you for a starting PG in high-end D1. 

However, D1 is not my strong suit at all (I'm way more of a DII and DIII coach), so others might have better reasoning than me. 
1/2/2013 5:05 PM
Fine. I think the spd diff is what makes the choice.
1/2/2013 8:54 PM
PG: Fine/Glenn/Roberts
SG: Samuel/blank/Glenn
SF: Smith/Glenn/McPike
PF: Grissom/McPike
C: Rucker/blank/McPike

*at least until you see what recruits you land and can have them help with depth...
** I am frequently told by the likes of girt and cbg that I value things weirdly and they never agree with my lineups, so take with grain of salt...

That's a helluva rebounding team you've got there...

1/3/2013 3:19 AM
Thanks for confirming my own thoughts on it.  I need more speed at that position and although Fine's passing is inferior to Smith's, Fine still has room for improvement in that category.

Interesting backcourt depth chart Dac.  Curious on your thoughts of starting Samuel at SG.  My pre-recruiting starters are PG: Fine, SG: Smith, SF: Glenn, PF: Grissom, C: Rucker.   Depending on how my signings go, this will probably change.  Glenn has been a good player off the bench for me and I'd like to keep him that way.
1/4/2013 1:43 PM
well, like I said I get these wrong more often than not, but I like Smith at SF over PG or SG, so that sort of made everything else fall into place. With Fine at PG the choices for SG are basically Samuel and Roberts. Samuel is almost as fast, and is a Sr and has the highest Per on the team... Glenn gets to be the 6th man, Roberts can take over the point when Glenn slides over to 2 or 3...
1/4/2013 2:50 PM
fine if for no other reason than speed.

1/4/2013 3:20 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 1/4/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
well, like I said I get these wrong more often than not, but I like Smith at SF over PG or SG, so that sort of made everything else fall into place. With Fine at PG the choices for SG are basically Samuel and Roberts. Samuel is almost as fast, and is a Sr and has the highest Per on the team... Glenn gets to be the 6th man, Roberts can take over the point when Glenn slides over to 2 or 3...
No, I think you've got a good point.  Samuel is the forgotten man on the team, being buried on the bench for the past three seasons, but maybe I should play around with bumping him up the depth chart.  Roberts has better potential so I had planned on using him more to build him up a bit.  Maybe Samuel should play a bigger role until then.  Something to think about.
1/4/2013 3:26 PM
...and Smith makes complete sense at SF and I've used him there in the past.
1/4/2013 3:28 PM
Opinion on starting PG Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.