1/3 minor release Topic

01/03/2013

• On the Team Profile - History tab, added SOS rank
  • Rearranged Top 25 rankings page to make it more compact like the RPI page, and also added a column for coach
  • On the conference RPI rankings page, made the conference name a link to that conference's standings page
  • On the Player Profile, added the player's recruiting ranking (by position) next to the name of the coach who signed him
  • Added FG% to the roster listing on the Depth Chart page
  • On the Coach Profile, added Win% next to the coach's overall, home, road, conference, and tournament records
  • On the Team Profile - Records tab, increased number of players to 25
1/3/2013 11:08 AM
Top 25 for me at least gets an error message now. Bugged.

Don't care for the adding of SOS. You can easily figure out SOS by looking at postseason finish, record, and rpi if you really cared. All this did was add a worthless number to a sheet of important numbers and I feel it gets in the way.

Other changes look fine. Like the extended records page. The game has been around long enough that expanding from 15 to 25 makes sense.
1/3/2013 11:10 AM
Top 25 worked for me
1/3/2013 11:11 AM
Just tried clearing the cache but got the same error message. hmm...
1/3/2013 11:17 AM
on records tab you can see players ratings now but they are from this season on though
1/3/2013 11:21 AM
Love the extension of the record books to include the top 25.  I've always pushed to be able to see entire stats from team's I've coached in the past.  This is one small step to seeing more of my guys get some love. 
1/3/2013 11:55 AM
on my Player Game Plan page two of my players have the foul options - leave in longer-normal-take out quicker while the other 10 players have the old more aggressive-normal-less aggressive. I assume they mean the same thing, but why don't all 12 players have the same options? anyone else see this?
1/3/2013 12:29 PM
I've always thought that the records list should have an all-time list and a button to see the top 15-25 in the last 10, 20, and/or 50 seasons. It looks like a lot of small things were done simply to appease us but at least there is something being said by management.
1/3/2013 12:36 PM
it'd be great to have individual season records as well
1/3/2013 1:09 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/3/2013 11:10:00 AM (view original):

Don't care for the adding of SOS. You can easily figure out SOS by looking at postseason finish, record, and rpi if you really cared. All this did was add a worthless number to a sheet of important numbers and I feel it gets in the way.

Other changes look fine. Like the extended records page. The game has been around long enough that expanding from 15 to 25 makes sense.
Some of us don't feel like doing the math to figure out SOS.  I, for one, like the addition.
1/3/2013 1:21 PM

Overall, I really like the changes

1/3/2013 1:21 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 1/3/2013 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jsajsa on 1/3/2013 11:10:00 AM (view original):

Some of us don't feel like doing the math to figure out SOS.  I, for one, like the addition.
No, why anyone would actually do that math is beyond me. The point is it's a usless number in terms of historical information.
1/3/2013 1:27 PM

I like these little touch-ups, and I find the SoS thing to be interesting ... I'm just a neb though that likes to look at numbers and how previous coaches scheduled, and ended up ending up via their SoS.  That's a coincidence ... just the other day I calculated my winning % in one of the worlds I'm in for the 1st time, wish I could have that 1 minute back now, lol

1/3/2013 1:38 PM
Just to explain, SOS is only telling in the midst of a season. Historical SOS tells you nothing about how a team scheduled. Useful information if you wanted to know what kind of scheduling the coach did would be to have a link of the team's schedule with those team's records. The number by SOS at the end of the season is probably 75% a reflection of how far you got in the postseason. My recent title, going into the postseason I had played a good non-con but my conference was very down - had one of the worst records in non-con, so my SOS wasn't particularly great - maybe 50s. Played 6 NT games... and my ending SOS was 3. Does that mean I had the 3rd hardest schedule? Of course not. It means I had 6 extra games against teams with great records that inflated my ending SOS. Does that make sense? If you wanted to know how a person scheduled, the only way to know is to see their schedule; end of season SOS doesn't tell you that. It's a worthless number. If they want to add it to the history page that's fine, it's no big deal and I'll get used to it. It just gets in the way of the important information imho.
1/3/2013 2:47 PM (edited)
Nothing that adds substance to the game but still cool stuff to look at that makes the game a bit more fun, so I like it. 
1/3/2013 2:34 PM
123 Next ▸
1/3 minor release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.