The Flying Dutchman Splendid Splinter Progressive (FDSS) is looking for 1 new owner to take over the Houston Honeybadgers for the 1927-1972 season.
Here are the league rules:
• No salary cap.
• Waiver wire and designated hitters not used.
• Draft – The draft order will be set at the transaction deadline (120 games.) Must win 30 games by transaction deadline (game 120) to qualify for 4- team lottery. Drafted players must appear on a major league roster the year they are drafted. In other words, the player's season must be in the WIS data bank for the season drafted.
Drafts can be the best and worst part of a progressive league. I plan on making this a fast moving draft, so please don't sign up if you have had trouble in other progressives keeping up with your picks. I am always available to take proxies. I am sure there will be others to help as well.
• Stadium – owners will draft their stadiums anytime during the initial draft. This will be important as you will keep this stadium for 5 years. In the 6th season, you may make a switch to an available stadium by announcing in the keeper thread your intention to drop your stadium. An extra draft pick will be given and used to draft a stadium in that draft. The next stadium draft will take place in the 11th season etc.
• AAA-players may be used at any time. Each team receives a full roster (6-position players/2 pitchers) of below-average AAA-players.
• Disabled list (IR). There is no limit on the number of players on a team’s roster who are not sim eligible for a season who may be placed on the disabled list. The number of players on the disabled list have no effect or bearing on the number of minor league players allowed on a team’s roster.
• Trades – It takes six vetoes to nullify a trade. Draft picks may be traded up to three years later than the year in which the trade is made.
For trades made after the transaction deadline, this rule will be in force: All post-deadline (the period of time from the transaction deadline to the first game of the following season) trades must be recorded in the league trade thread in the owners' forum. If, within 24 hours of a trade being posted, three owners post objections to the trade, the commissioner shall send site mails to the league's drafting owners calling for a vote. If, within 24 hours of the posting of the commissioner's site mail, six owners vote to veto the trade, the trade is nullified.
Disputes: In the event of a dispute where there is no operative rule or guideline, or if their interpretation is unclear, the commissioner will make a ruling. If three or more owners object to the ruling, the commissioner’s view does not stand and the issue is brought to all the owners through a vote which will be notified to all owners through a sitemail.
• Rules Change: These can be discussed at any time. The first owner to want a rule change should start a thread and we’ll use that going forward to discuss any changes. However, in order to protect owners from having to vote constantly or on frivolous issues, a proposal to make, modify or eliminate a rule must be seconded by three or more owners in addition to the proposing owner before it can be voted on.
• Voting: Each owner gets one vote. Majority rules on all votes. Majority mean the majority of owners who vote, not the majority of owners. However there must be at least 14 votes cast on any issue for the vote to be valid. The commissioner does not vote unless there is a tie; then he/she is the deciding vote. The commissioner does however set the time deadline within which the voting must take place.
3/5/2013 7:19 PM (edited)