another question about game planning Topic

When scouting another opponent, can you judge how aggressive an opponent runs their offense by the direction of their runs or how deep their passes are? For example, if a majority of a team's run plays are to the edges left or right, does that suggest they are running aggressively in their setting?  And if a team is passing deep rather than short, does that suggest they are throwing aggressively?

If this is true, how have people set the defensive game plan accordingly? Not looking for everyone's secrets, just some general thought. Like if a team seems to be running a conservative offensive, can I be more liberal and run a more aggressive defense?

1/4/2013 11:05 PM
I personally believe that your thoughts are correct.
1/5/2013 10:54 AM
That is generally correct but not necessarily true. There can still be some wide runs/ deeper passes with a balanced or even (very occassionally) conservative tendencies. As far as my strategy I tend to be more balanced with a more "conservative" running style and aggressive if they are running outside. For passing I usually just go more balanced. This all this depends on where my talent is vs theirs and how I feel like I matchup against them.
1/5/2013 11:34 AM
I'm with hookem 
1/5/2013 12:31 PM
Thanks guys, this has helped. I'm starting to dig a little deeper in my game planning, and I'm finding that it may not be as random as many people suggest.
1/5/2013 4:04 PM
another question about game planning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.