Help with rule 5 settings Topic

Just finished a rule 5 draft and didn't get the player I wanted even though he was available, so want help understanding the settings.

Here's the scenario - there were two players I wanted ranked 1 & 3 overall, a SS and RP. I was 4th in draft order.

- I set target number to one for ss and rp, set all others to zero
- set weight to eight for ss (1 was a total stud) and two for rp
- set rank to no lower than 3
- set max salary to 750k

Instead of the number three overall and top rp, I received the number seven overall and number two shortstop. What caused this? Was it my weights? Does the rank box stand for overall rank or position rank? What else could it be?

Thanks.
1/5/2013 1:40 PM
Did you change the weights after you did your rankings?  That will lose whatever manual rankings you previously had done.
1/5/2013 3:03 PM
I never changed the pre-loaded rankings. The SS was ranked 1, the RP was ranked 3, and the SS I ended up with was ranked seven.
1/5/2013 3:19 PM
Help with rule 5 settings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.