D2 Season 62 Topic

Northeastern should be back again like we are most every year.  I got a pretty good post player in Freeborn to go with a couple good guards who hopefully will compliment each other  well.  My top seven should make this a good year.  Not looking for much out of this recruiting class this year but hopefully with a red shirt and an academically ineligible I think these two freshman could be some of my better players I have gotten in the last five or six seasons.

By the way does anyone else feel like there are more and more coaches going with the super classes?  Personally I really enjoy trying to be competitive every year and think there is something to be said for making the national tourney year in and year out.  In recruiting I makes it really tough to get some of these players against these teams with a huge budget every couple of years.  Just a thought.  What do you guys think?

1/8/2013 10:22 PM (edited)

Were you here before the 6-player class limit?  Some coaches would only recruit every 4 years and have 12 seniors.

1/9/2013 3:55 AM
yeah I remember that as well alblack.  I was very glad to see that done away with.
1/9/2013 5:04 PM

burk, it does seem there are more teams going with the super classes.  I, like you, enjoy trying to make the NT every season and try to keep my classes balanced with 2-4 players in all of them.

1/9/2013 9:45 PM
Different strokes.... I like trying to create super teams and consider it just as difficult. Dynasty listings don't apply to super teams because of the low season. It's paramount to bunch recruits into two seasons to maximize recruitment dollars. Something to ponder.. People complain about recruiting against super teams but don't think about the off two seasons in which there is no recruiting competition. Easy to see that one could make an argument for either side.
1/10/2013 12:01 AM
never really been a super class guy. I'm more of a 4-3-3-2 guy.  Which usually works where you have 1 average year to 2 good years and 1 big year. this is my average year. *sigh*

actually when I think about it more, if you actively use redshirts (which I do), it works more in 5-season cycles where 1 is average... and again... this is my average year, I'll be lucky to go 2-8 with my over the top non-conf schedule.

1/10/2013 12:27 AM (edited)
I don't have a problem with it as I'm giving it a shot with my Whitman team in Naismith, but I've learned that I don't particularly like it that much. I prefer trying to build consistent success in one way or another.

1/10/2013 3:00 PM
We get #1 Longwood tonight.  Bbunch, your starters are ridiculous.  If there's a better team out there, show me.
1/12/2013 12:57 PM
Posted by davefilby on 1/12/2013 12:57:00 PM (view original):
We get #1 Longwood tonight.  Bbunch, your starters are ridiculous.  If there's a better team out there, show me.
I think Longwoods team could probably get an at large bid for the DI tourney.
1/12/2013 10:07 PM
Posted by burkboyz on 1/12/2013 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 1/12/2013 12:57:00 PM (view original):
I think Longwoods team could probably get an at large bid for the DI tourney.
Thanks, but don't get carried away, Burk. I've had teams just as good that have had early tourney exits. We're not taking anything for granted. 

1/13/2013 1:31 AM
GG bbunch. We kept it close but couldn't get there.  With the steroids I'm feeding my kids, I'd love another shot at you in the NT (provided I'm not playing your #1 seed as a #16 or the winner of the 8/9 game).
1/13/2013 7:52 AM
My team is horribly inconsistent right now. Don't know if that's a coaching problem or an engine problem. Either way, I gotta figure out a way to stop that inconsistency or it'll be quick exit from the tourney again.

1/19/2013 2:26 AM
Incarnate Word is not good enough.  Our one-point loss to Belmont Abbey last night makes me think we're coming around, we will need to go better than .500 in conference to make the NT. 

At least our young kids are rapidly improving, so the future is bright.  PG Shawn Taylor (up 38 points) SF Buddy Schoen (30 points) PF Chad Walker (30 points) and PF Mitchell Caldwell (34 points) will be a good nucleus two seasons from now, but Lowell Harris and John Trumble don't have enough help this year.
1/19/2013 3:17 PM
I don't like my team. i'm getting killed by super classes every year. I either need to re-think my recruiting strategy or it may be time for a move.
1/19/2013 8:33 PM
Boring season. Long wood is awesome, everyone playing for second. Conference is about half over, what have you learned about your team?

IW is better, had a good victory over St Edwards last night. I feel like we could be ready to rip off a few wins in a row. Team is 38 points better. Thank you Balco.
1/28/2013 11:22 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
D2 Season 62 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.