"Odds are Slim" Recruiting Message Topic

"Coach, just saving you some time - odds are slim that I'll ever sign with a school like Missouri, St. Louis. No offense dude."

Ready to recruit?
Backup?
Never?
1/6/2013 10:57 PM
Sounds pretty ambiguous, I always just call the coach instead of the player.  They give much more clear cut answers
1/6/2013 11:02 PM
For future reference, it's a never. The follow-up response was:

"My caliber of player deserves a school that will help develop me for the pros. And unfortunately, I don't feel like Missouri, St. Louis could ever even get me close. Unless your last name is Pitino, give it up."
1/6/2013 11:15 PM
What was all that 'odds are slim' talk? (for those in Rio Linda, that's a 'Dumb and Dumber' ref)
1/7/2013 1:25 PM
if thats a dumb and dumber ref, is rio linda also a dumb and dumber ref? i think this one went totally over my head...
1/7/2013 1:44 PM
are we talking like 1 in 100 not good?

More like 1 in a million

1/7/2013 3:19 PM
What's the soup du jour?
1/7/2013 8:24 PM
What about this message from my assistant?

"following up on _________, he really doesn't seem very interested at this point. Is it worth following up with him or should we move on?"

I followed up with a coaches call:

"Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about_______.
I don't remember if I mentioned this to you already or not, but we primarily run a motion offense. Relative to the other kids on the team, I'd say his knowledge of the motion is average.

1/8/2013 5:18 AM (edited)
"Odds are Slim" Recruiting Message Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.