Question about Pro-Set and I-Formation Topic

Need a little help on this one:

Is there really a difference in running the ball out of Pro-Set vs. I-Formation??? The personnel is the same, just the alignment of where the fullback is lined up is different. 

Out of I-Formation, when they say running between the tackles, is that actually a difference via tendency settings??? 

Examples pro-set vs. I-form for comparison/discussion:

Ex. 1:
* Pro-Set RUN (very conservative) = obviously running up the middle but not necessarily between tackles ???
* I-Formation RUN (very conservative) = running between tackles???

Ex. 2:
* Pro-Set RUN (very aggressive) = lots of running around the ends, assuming sweeps and pitchouts???
* I-Formation RUN (very aggressive) = not running in between tackles but running near guard and blocking tight end, and rarely run around the ends???

Any advice or startup discussion... would be great to hear what owners have to say.

1/7/2013 1:32 PM
I believe the tendencies and agressiveness settings are the same for both formations.  I believe the only difference is that I-Form has been set (inside the game engine) to have a slightly better chance of a good run vs a good pass.  The reverse is true for Pro Set....it should be slightly better at passing vs the I-Formation.

I believe Norbert stated this a few months back, probably in one of his update threads.
1/7/2013 3:27 PM
Yup. That is true - "For Now"  as Norbert stated. One day he wants to merge the two since the same personnel are on the field but for now it is as Harriswb3 has stated.
1/7/2013 5:02 PM
His new depth charts will be more of a 2 back set, with tendency set in the depth chart/game plan for inside vs outside running (no more conservative - aggressive).
1/7/2013 8:19 PM
Question about Pro-Set and I-Formation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.