Seniors leaving - Am I missing something? Topic

On my Arkansas team in Camp, I just had a Senior QB leave due to playing time.

Usually I can understand why seniors leave in this scenario - they see the writing on the wall - but in this particular situation the ONLY other QB on my roster was an average Sophomore.

I was planning on starting this SR this upcoming season to give the Soph another year to grow, but now I'm completely screwed having to play the only other QB on my roster who isn't even close to being ready.

Is there something I missed along the way that should have given me a sign that he was thinking about leaving?  Are we at the point where we have to start throwing every junior we've got into blowouts just to make sure they don't leave the following year?

Like I said, I'm fine with this when its your 3rd OLB or 9th OL, but seriously?  Leaving your SR year (as the obvious starter) when the only other QB on the roster is an average Soph at best?!  Makes absolutely no sense.

1/8/2013 11:50 AM (edited)
Since he's no longer on your roster, I'm guessing that he would have been a 5th yr SR (SR*) and not just a SR; a player's progression is FR, SO, JR, SR, 5th year SR.

All SRs expect to start and play about 60% of the snaps.  Not all players where this isn't met leave (they will lose WE, though), my guess is that his HC scouting report would have indicated that he wasn't much of a team player/played only for himself.  It doesn't happen often, but depending on the position, it can really suck.

1/8/2013 11:49 AM
Yea, he was a 5th year SR, but he was recruited by the coach prior to me getting here so I don't have access to his Scouting Report.  I was hoping to buy another year of growth for the Soph, but now this might end up being the nail in my Arkansas coffin.  I can't compete with that Soph at QB.
1/8/2013 12:00 PM
Yes, not good.  I had my senior graduate and then the RS junior left for the same reasons leaving no QB's on the roster.  Had this happen twice.
1/8/2013 12:00 PM
Seniors leaving - Am I missing something? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.