Word on the Street Help Topic

I know there are some old Word on the Street threads, but they're a couple months old. Starting a new one:\

Currently recruiting in Crum. This is my first season ever in DI, so I've never really tried to start a recruiting battle before.

Anyway, this is the message I'm getting from Michael Arenas' Word on the Street:

'Word on the Street' as of 1/08 2:42 am EDT: Seems *very* solid on Valparaiso

I'm not currently being considered by him. Do I have any chance of moving in on him? My prestige is D, Valpo is a D+.

If anyone else has any advice about Word on the Street for this thread, you can add it as well.
1/8/2013 12:51 PM
My guess is you would need somewhere around 10 CV to win.  Maybe a few more.
1/8/2013 12:58 PM
If it's a SIM who is on him (I'm guessing that's the case), you CAN overcome the sim's efforts and beat them out, but you need more effort than usual to beat a SIM for that kind of WOTS message.

I recently beat a SIM who caused that WOTS message. I only tried to win because the recruit was very close to my campus. This is from memory, but it took 25 plus HVs for me to get the lead (which of course I kept and signed the player).

1/8/2013 2:27 PM
25 HV's is about 10 CV's
1/8/2013 2:30 PM
Is it? I haven't seen anyone have a consensus yet on the exchange rate of HVs and CVs.
1/8/2013 2:37 PM
It's about....I use 2.3.  Maybe it is a little more, maybe a little less.
1/8/2013 5:19 PM
Word on the Street Help Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.