Player Names - Why No "La De Da" names? Topic

As I'm looking at the names of not only my players but recruits and other players, it occurs to me that the pool of names - while extensive enough - doesn't contain some types of names very prevalent in college and pro sports in real life.

The biggest thing I've noticed are the absence of what one of my friends refers to as "La De Da" names.

For example, a "La" name would be like LaMarcus Aldridge or LaSean McCoy. A "De" name would be like DeShawn Stevenson or DeMarcus Cousins. A "Da" name would be like D'Brickishaw Ferguson.

Honestly, it's true. You don't seen any names in HD that are created by adding an extra syllable to another existing name. There are no DeShawns, LeSeans, Marshawns, Jashons, Keyshawns and certainly no LeMarcus, DeMarcus, JaMarcus.

While some of the names are neat to read, it might seem more real if we the sim could somehow take an existing name and randomly throw another syllable onto the front of it.
1/8/2013 1:09 PM
Barkevious?
1/8/2013 1:13 PM
Thank you for your vaguely racial post.
1/8/2013 1:21 PM
Yeah that's another unique name, but not in the same mold.
1/8/2013 1:21 PM
There's nothing racial about the post, girt25. It's simply a commentary on the names used in HD.

1/8/2013 1:22 PM
Hey, it is a common sort of name for basketball. Just because that kind of name is more common in a certain ethnic group doesn't mean that noticing its exclusion is something racial. In an average helping of basketball names you would see more of those than, say, Bruce. That IS a common set of names.
1/8/2013 1:30 PM
The fact that there exist HD players named "T-Bone" is satisfying enough for me to not have "La De Da" players.

But I agree, I'm tired of Timothy, William, Richard, and Daniel. Give me Jrue, LeBron, Latrell, and my personal favorite, E'Twaun.
1/8/2013 1:45 PM
I remember T-Bone from back when the game first began, but I haven't seen one in a while.
1/8/2013 1:59 PM
Player Names - Why No "La De Da" names? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.