wishbone recruiting Topic

anyone have any tips on recruiting for the wishbone?  i am getting pummeled using it.
1/9/2013 5:40 AM
Good RB's, good OL.

1/9/2013 8:03 AM
Looking at your team, you have really good DII RB's and OL......
1/9/2013 8:06 AM
i was told STR should have a premium in your offensive positions for wishbone
1/9/2013 9:44 AM
You might wanna site mail harriswb3. Wishbone has been his bread and butter so he might give you the best direction.

I ran it exclusively at UTEP in Warner a couple of years ago when it was a passing formation. It pushed some of my guys onto the all time records list in passing categories at the time.

1/9/2013 10:51 AM
squeeky...lets chat.  There is no reason to get hammered when using the bone...it should work the other way.
1/9/2013 11:18 AM
harris will give you good advice. It seems that your RB's need a little more speed and strength combos to get to the next level though. At D1AA you are gonna have to try for RB with 80's for speed, strength and elus.
1/9/2013 11:42 AM (edited)
squeeky, I'll let harris give you the advice on the bone. But here's just one thing I noticed on a quick look see. You are in a tough conference as it is with 2-3 losses coming your way. But until you get some better talent on that team stop scheduling 5 losses in out of conference play. You need some wins to be able to see players that are a step up from what you have. Next time scheduling comes around schedule the 5 easiest sims you can for a few seasons.
1/9/2013 11:56 AM
From a use of the formation perspective, IMO, the WB is effective in 2 scenarios.

1.  Opponent does not know how to defend it (obvious advantage)
2.  Full Time Use (gives you the advantage of having more opportunities to rip off the big one)

From a quick examination, I see that you are using both the WB and the NDBox.  I believe this does not give the WB enough opportunities to be successful.

I'll leave any other comments to sitemails.

BTW:  Katzphang 88 has won a NC using the Wishbone...I have not.  In fact, I have one gameplan that I have modeled after his NC team.  I think sjurat also uses the WB at D1A maybe??
1/9/2013 11:57 AM
I have been toying with combining the WB with a running pro-set. Biggest problem with the WB is that if you are in a come-from-behind situation your weapons are limited., But, if you can get the lead, even against a high passing team, you can strangle them and not them them have the ball (my scenario at the NC game).
1/9/2013 7:12 PM
thanks for tthe tips guys. i always figured that scheduled a stiff out of conference schedule would have benefits. not so? no wonder i dont see any stud recruits. uh oh i just scheduled 4 more for next season
1/9/2013 10:47 PM
Ahh, scheduling is a different topic, but you definitely should reduce the difficulty in my opinion.  Its hard to win with that schedule and will not help you increase your vision or prestige.
1/9/2013 11:27 PM
Scheduling hard seems good if you can win the games, not so good if you can't???
1/10/2013 9:17 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 1/10/2013 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Scheduling hard seems good if you can win the games, not so good if you can't???
exactly
1/10/2013 9:20 PM
wishbone recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.