Why can't they add "stop considering option" Topic

I am recruiting at Washington State and I sent a few evals to see potentials and players are considering me that I don't want. I followed someone's advice and offered inform of RS and the player loved it... It now looks like I am over extending myself in recruiting which I am not. Is it that hard to a remove interest option on a recruit?
1/9/2013 11:21 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Scholarship offer
1/9/2013 2:20 PM
You should definitely be able to just basically tell a guy "I'm not signing you, stop considering us." It's annoying when you do some evals to see if a guy has hi/hi potential and then he doesn't and you get stuck with him considering, especially when a lower level school is on him, so it looks like you're in a battle. 
1/9/2013 2:31 PM
I usually don't base my decision on whether or not a guy is merely high or is high/high. If he's good enough to recruit because he has several highs, I hope they are mostly or all high high but even if they aren't it's not like he won't improve.

Then again, I'm not the world's greatest recruiter either, so take that for what it's worth.

1/10/2013 8:27 AM
I agree, we should have options that encourage a player to stop considering a school - I'm imagining a dropdown of options

- hit on recruit's mom
- tell kid he is unlikely to get minutes until he is a senior
- ask kid to return the school insignia gear he was given at his visit

And, we should have a dropdown of options to encourage a kid to transfer

- inform player he has laundry duty for next month's games
- choke player at practice
- inform player he will not get meaningful minutes next season
- kid, you owe me 100 suicides

1/10/2013 9:27 AM
Posted by mamxet on 1/10/2013 9:27:00 AM (view original):
I agree, we should have options that encourage a player to stop considering a school - I'm imagining a dropdown of options

- hit on recruit's mom
- tell kid he is unlikely to get minutes until he is a senior
- ask kid to return the school insignia gear he was given at his visit

And, we should have a dropdown of options to encourage a kid to transfer

- inform player he has laundry duty for next month's games
- choke player at practice
- inform player he will not get meaningful minutes next season
- kid, you owe me 100 suicides

I like the only only if the hit on mom option might backfire sometimes though
1/10/2013 2:58 PM
I've said it before, but we really need a "flaming bag of poo" recruiting option for this reason.
1/10/2013 4:02 PM
Yes, this would be a simple and effective change. One of many that would be easy to implement and really enhance the game (and also show everyone that they care ... they really, really care).

Bistiza, this also comes into play for internationals, where you have no idea what the potentials are up front.
1/10/2013 4:47 PM
Why can't they add "stop considering option" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.