how many starts to satisfy a promise Topic

once upon a time, 80% or a bit more was enough - that was changed

what do people think is enough these days?  I had to promise starts to a kid.  He started 22 of our first 24 games.  I'm trying to decide whether to start him in games 25 and 26 - do we think I risk much? 

He will NOT start in the postseason - but dont tell him yet.
1/10/2013 9:30 AM
Kid I promised a start to started 22 of 26 and never said a peep last season, so I think you'd be safe sitting him if you need to bulk up the lineup those last two games. 
1/10/2013 9:48 AM
21 starts is the number I use for everyone and I've never had one complain at 21 unless it was because I benched them too many times early on (so the ratio fell way below 80% at that point).  22/24 is definitely safe to bench for the last two games imo.

You might can even get away with using 20.  Sometimes I'm in the position where they've started 20/25 going into the last game, and I'm not sure if they can complain after game 26 or not.  But I always start them in that scenario just in case, since I can't make up for it after that if they do get unhappy.
1/10/2013 12:14 PM
ive done 20 starts a number of times and am virtually positive that is OK. i did it twice just last season on one of my teams. i am 90% sure ive done 19 before, but im not sure enough to try it again myself with a guy on a team i really care about. but at least 20 is ok... and you can experiment lower if its worth it to you, i think 19 is ok...
1/10/2013 1:19 PM
I had one last year and he got ****** after he missed 5 starting oppourtunities.
1/13/2013 11:38 AM
how many starts to satisfy a promise Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.