Is this recruit ever going to sign?? Topic

In a nutshell ....

The recruit was considering only me but I had not offered scholie.

Informed of redshirt. Got message "Hey coach, let me say that I like your school, but I just don't think I want to sit out a year. I'm going to talk to some other programs that have been calling."

Recruit is still considering me and no one else.

Next cycle offer scholie. Get message "Coach, I just can't say yes right now...I'm still supposed to take a campus visit of another school. I should know more after that."

Recruit is still considering me and no one else.

Now last day of recruiting and well over 24 hours since scholie was offered and he still hasn't signed.

Still considering me and no one else.

Haven't done any additional recruiting. Already had significant $$ into him.

So is he ever going to sign??

1/10/2013 2:31 PM
most likely, but it wouldn't hurt to throw a couple bucks his way
1/10/2013 2:57 PM
Did he reject the scholarship offer? Look at your recruiting history with him. You may need to re-offer it
1/10/2013 3:11 PM
Checked again.  He did not reject the scholarship offer.

History says "pending scholarship offer".
1/10/2013 3:17 PM
Posted by trobone on 1/10/2013 2:57:00 PM (view original):
most likely, but it wouldn't hurt to throw a couple bucks his way
The cash is gone : )  ....  already decided I didn't want him unless he takes the redshirt. Accept that I might end up with a walk-on.

Never been in this exact situation, but find it odd that we are (and have always been) the only school he is considering ... and he still hasn't  signed.

Only 2 cycles left.
1/10/2013 5:10 PM (edited)
I've had guys considering me before that didn't sign but I had only a ST and phone calls into him.
1/10/2013 6:20 PM
If you offer a RS and he is still considering you afterwards then he will accept it with no WE loss.
1/10/2013 8:12 PM
And he signs at 2:02 am EST.

I guess if they don't like the redshirt they will not sign until literally the end of recruiting ... hoping for another offer is the logic I guess. Interesting. I was convinced he wasn't going to sign.
1/11/2013 2:08 AM
Is this recruit ever going to sign?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.