Jon Stewart has a few words for you, Swampy. Topic

Again why is it funny?

The one thing I do very well is taking a complex issue and making it easy to understand.
1/11/2013 6:52 PM
The one thing you do well is prove you are a gibbering idiot. 
1/11/2013 7:09 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/11/2013 6:52:00 PM (view original):
Again why is it funny?

The one thing I do very well is taking a complex issue and making it easy to understand.
1/11/2013 7:12 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/11/2013 6:52:00 PM (view original):
Again why is it funny?

"The one thing I do very well is taking a complex issue and over-simplifying it so I can understand it because I am not very good at critical thinking."

FTFY

1/12/2013 1:16 AM
The one thing you are good at is taking an issue and examining it to the narrowest detail so it is no longer recognizable.

And then go off on some obscure tangent that is almost irrelevant.

The 100 people in the mall may or may not agree with me but at least they understand what I am talking about.
1/12/2013 2:06 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/12/2013 2:06:00 AM (view original):
The one thing you are good at is taking an issue and examining it to the narrowest detail so it is no longer recognizable.

The 100 people in the mall may or may not agree with me but at least they understand what I am talking about.
And of course you can site a specific post of mine where I have done as you claim. Put up or STFU.
1/12/2013 9:32 AM
Nice use of the swamp idiom "and of course," seamar. I chuckled.

Would that be an idiot idiom?
1/12/2013 1:07 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/12/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/12/2013 2:06:00 AM (view original):

And of course you can site a specific post of mine where I have done as you claim. Put up or STFU.
You ask for a specific post. Of course that requires research and I have now done some.

You will notice that I dont just bail like all of you anytime I have asked you to prove me stupid. Common response is "Everything you do".

In the thread "Evil ammunition and guns-polls" I commented on the fact that people dont hunt as a lifestyle and as a hobby. You responded by questioning my terminology and trying to make it look like my point was crazy.

In the thread "My nomination for moron of the century" when I was blasting occsid for responding to a fictional news story you jumped in presenting the idea that in fact it wasnt an epic screw up and in fact was  planned attempt to get me to respond in a "Pavlovian" way.

In the thread "2043 census predictions" while discussing race I pointed out the difference between race issues in this country and many other industrial nations. You responded by asking for specific data and making any response lead to a more specific question from you.

In the thread "Connecticutt shooting" while disucssing the rights of gun owners you go off on a tangent about what would happen if someone shot someone in a mall. Clearly taking the conversation in a new direction.

And this is just in the last few months!
1/14/2013 6:30 PM
Jesus....i thought with that one dipshit gone for the year (already forgot his name...yippy!), it'd settle down in here.  I was wrong.  Swampy and clark have upped the stupid in here (not saying that some on the left are free of stupidity as well....some of your posts are just retarded as well).  You guys almost make it too hard to come into the PIT.

I used to feel bad for the abuse that you took from some posters on here swampy....but over the past year, i've noticed more why they do it.  You are just a closed minded simple man.  
1/15/2013 9:04 AM
Can you explain what it is that I am simple and closed mind about?
1/15/2013 3:45 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/15/2013 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Can you explain what it is that I am simple and closed mind about?
Everything.
1/15/2013 5:55 PM
Swamp...none of the posts you cite did what you claim, which was  << The one thing you are good at is taking an issue and examining it to the narrowest detail so it is no longer recognizable. And then go off on some obscure tangent that is almost irrelevant.>>

It is not my fault that you are inarticulate, that you use conventional language in unconventional ways and take offense when people ask you to clarify what you mean.

I can't help it if you do respond in Pavlovian ways, but clearly the intent of the comment was humorous, a point missed by the humorless. I don't know why asking about liability issues involving gun usage is an example of "taking an issue and examining it to the narrowest detail so it is no longer recognizable."  Really, the issue was no longer recognizable? Seriously?

Face it...you just get pissy when people call you on your bullshit and you resort to your stock answers "hate conservatives....won't allow you to lie....Palinized....water cooler...mall....yammer, yammer, yammer." I think Will had you in mind when he said

"And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing".

1/15/2013 6:20 PM
Bard Core!!!!!!!
1/15/2013 7:17 PM
1 I would think the idea that people dont hunt now like they did in the 1700s is a simple idea. The fact that you needed to analyze it down proves my point.

2 It wasnt a joke. He was serious. And if it was reversed you would blast me for a similar mistake.

3 What ****** me off is when you refuse to acknowledge simple truth.

4 I consider people who quote Shakespeare in political debates to be similar to people who use Hitler in political debates.
1/15/2013 7:58 PM

<<4 I consider people who quote Shakespeare in political debates to be similar to people who use Hitler in political debates.>>

Ergo Shakespeare = Hitler ?

I can explain it in more simple terms if you don't understand it.

Swamp = Fool, idiot, full of sound and fury (anger), with no meaning or substance.  I am sorry if it went over your head.

1/15/2013 11:16 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Jon Stewart has a few words for you, Swampy. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.