Maximize Playing Time Button Topic

Before I start my complaint/suggestion, I'll say that yes, I know that there is some benefit to fielding a competitive minor league team because your actual prospects might get an extra development cycle in the playoffs.

That being said, the vast majority of a team's minors consists of largely interchangeable trash that will never sniff an ML roster. I (and I imagine many) don't really care how much of what position they play. It would be nice to just let the simmy run them.

But there's a problem, you have your handful of super important actual prospects. If you don't micromanage your minors, the sim is liable to have them languish on the inactive list.

So, it would be nice to have a "maximize playing time" button for your true prospects. That way you can set your minors to auto-pilot, and the sim knows that these guys should always play if they're above the rest cutoff, and they should always be the first pitcher used if they're rested.
1/11/2013 11:11 PM
In the maybe 2 or 3 times a "true prospect" hasn't been considered the starter by AI, I've changed the position of the scrub blocking his way.

You're welcome.
1/12/2013 12:01 AM
You don't have to micromanage your minors to get max playing time.   Just don't set that level to SIMAI.    Then check that level periodically for fatigue issues.
1/13/2013 8:25 AM
I can safely say that This Will Never Happen; not that it doesn't have some merit, but it's pretty obvious they will not do something this major ever again. Some infrequent nibbling at updates once or twice a year until we get the email that HBD will shut down in 30 days.
1/13/2013 8:42 AM
My reverse psychology ploy worked and resulted in an update.
1/14/2013 3:06 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 1/14/2013 3:06:00 PM (view original):
My reverse psychology ploy worked and resulted in an update.
And an important one at that. The game is going to be a lot more fun now!
1/14/2013 3:31 PM
Maximize Playing Time Button Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.