Help: my bullpen has fallen and can't up Topic

My starters are at 100 percent, but my six relievers are all severely fatigued. My five Starters average less than 5 innings. My bullpen has thrown away late inning leads in the last 5 games. How can I get my starters to go deeper? I have 1487 innings, 360 of them in the bullpen.
1/12/2013 8:09 AM
Go to advanced settings on the managers screen and change either the starters pitch count or their pull setting. Your other option is to check the "use in relief" box next to your starters names. Then they can also be used in relief if your bullpen is fatigued
1/12/2013 8:15 AM
Thanks!
1/12/2013 9:08 AM
Those options work, but you also run the risk of over-fatiguing your starters that way so be careful.  You may be forced to take a mop-up and burn him out, either as your only reliever while your RPs rest, or throwing him out there for 2-3 games as your SP with an unlimited pitch count.  Drastic, yes, but we've all had to do it ...
1/13/2013 12:43 PM
If you have 1487 drafted innings you should never have to throw a game with a mop.  Should be able to just massage the settings to get the innings reallocated to the starters and get the bullpen rested up and ready to go.
1/13/2013 6:12 PM
You may want to only use Brown, Lowe, Gooden and Ames as the starters (with a pitch count of 95 for Brown, 90 for Lowe and Gooden, 85 for Ames).  Use all the other pitchers in the bullpen.
1/13/2013 6:38 PM
You can also go to Advanced Settings and under Inning Availability put all your relievers on 6 (or whatever inning you want).  In my experience this works well, and Sparky will only override this setting if your SP exceeds his max PC.
1/14/2013 1:58 AM
Thanks all, I am trying everything. I raised the pitch counts of my starters and put my fifth starter in the bullpen. I've been resting all but one reliever. It seems to be taking the others along time to recover though.
1/14/2013 9:59 AM
Keep in mind that your starters will be less effective if you raise their pitch counts too much, due to in-game fatigue.  The general rule of thumb is you take the starter's real life IP/G and multiply by about 16 to get his maximum pitch count.
1/14/2013 10:02 AM
Well, it seems tone working for now. Most of my My bullpen is almost back at 100 percent.
1/14/2013 7:35 PM
Help: my bullpen has fallen and can't up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.