Platoon splits Topic

Does a anyone know if the sim uses real life data to determine performance against left and right handed pitchers? If you plan to start someone exclusively against lefties, should you draft a mediocre player who kills lefties in real life? I tried that on one of my teams recently and it didn't seem to work out too well. It makes me think that the sim might just make a one size fits all adjustment for the matchup, rather than use individual data. In other words, am I better off drafting a rightie with good overall numbers, or a mediocre rightie with great real life splits?
1/13/2013 1:21 PM
The Sim does not use RL stats; there is a flat adjustment.  Draft by the data, not by RL performance.
1/13/2013 1:30 PM
Now you tell me! Thanks!
1/13/2013 3:20 PM
Platoon splits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.