Update Status - 1/14/13 Topic

Posted by norbert on 1/18/2013 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dream76 on 1/17/2013 11:47:00 PM (view original):
Norbert:

Maybe this has been asked before, but is it possible to include the beta test teams in the SimMatchup or similar engine so we could run multiple games against the opponents of our choosing?
I've put together a test page that you can run two teams (or the same team) against each other in a test game and get results.  This will be available during beta.  It currently does not save game results as I don't want to fill the database with data, so if there are any funky results, the user will need to copy and paste them to save them and post them.  But it should give you a good overall sense of the engine results and will allow you to try different settings and playbooks without waiting for scheduled games.
This is great, Norbert---thank you!
1/18/2013 12:06 PM
Norbert:

Maybe this has been asked before, but is it possible to include the beta test teams in the SimMatchup or similar engine so we could run multiple games against the opponents of our choosing?
I've put together a test page that you can run two teams (or the same team) against each other in a test game and get results.  This will be available during beta.  It currently does not save game results as I don't want to fill the database with data, so if there are any funky results, the user will need to copy and paste them to save them and post them.  But it should give you a good overall sense of the engine results and will allow you to try different settings and playbooks without waiting for scheduled games.
This is awesome Norbert.  For the results, will we get the full play by play?  Also, will this and the rest of the pages be accessible by somebody not participating in the beta?  I don't have the time to be able to properly take care of a team right now, but I'd love to be able to check out the beta stuff to preemptively update my game analyzer.
1/18/2013 3:47 PM
Norbert:

When you say "different settings and playbooks" does that mean default playbooks, or ones that we get to create from scratch?  If you do a SimMatchup now you get to pick a style of offense, but you don't have complete control. I am assuming this page give us full control over teams, right?
1/18/2013 5:09 PM
Posted by yatzr on 1/18/2013 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Norbert:

This is awesome Norbert.  For the results, will we get the full play by play?  Also, will this and the rest of the pages be accessible by somebody not participating in the beta?  I don't have the time to be able to properly take care of a team right now, but I'd love to be able to check out the beta stuff to preemptively update my game analyzer.
Where is this "test page"?
1/18/2013 9:53 PM
Norbert:

The test page does spit out the play by play.  It really wouldn't be a good test tool if it didn't.
1/18/2013 10:38 PM
I think we need to run the sim matchup instead of running seasons. They should give us a team and we can set up gameplans and play opponents and then give up 2 weeks to a month to test all results to find bugs, then after that period start the new engine and fix the bugs that were reported so we can get this thing going. It's a lot easier to sim using the sim matchup against another human opponent then it is to run seasons of games. Like someone said recruiting is not effected in this update so no need to run recruiting and doing 5-8 seasons is just crazy because that could lead to another 6 monthe of beta testing befor the real engine comes out and I'm sure many people are like me and is tired of waiting for this ****. It's time to get the ball rolling.
1/19/2013 4:17 PM
Norbert: "I've put together a test page that you can run two teams (or the same team) against each other in a test game and get results.  This will be available during beta.  It currently does not save game results as I don't want to fill the database with data, so if there are any funky results, the user will need to copy and paste them to save them and post them.  But it should give you a good overall sense of the engine results and will allow you to try different settings and playbooks without waiting for scheduled games."

Thanks Norbert, as usual it seems like you are ahead of the game. I have no doubt this is the beginning of a new and awesome era in GD!
1/19/2013 4:26 PM
Posted by aneratergos on 1/18/2013 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Norbert:

When you say "different settings and playbooks" does that mean default playbooks, or ones that we get to create from scratch?  If you do a SimMatchup now you get to pick a style of offense, but you don't have complete control. I am assuming this page give us full control over teams, right?
The test page will load whatever playbooks you have set up for your game plan, so you can change your game plan, run a game, change your game plan, run a game, and so on.  So, yes, you can test your own playbooks and settings.

It does not show the normal game result/pbp page.  It can't since I don't save the game results as we normally do, but it does show player stats and pbp on the page when you run the game.  I don't have the players on the play in there yet, but I'll see if I can get that in.
1/20/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/18/2013 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Norbert:

Where is this "test page"?
It won't be available until the beta, and it really won't be available unless you are in the beta since we are testing a copy of the real game and currently you have to be in a world to access it's pages.
1/20/2013 12:23 PM
Are you excited for the upcoming beta / version of GD considering what Norbert is telling us about the new engine?

Votes: 35
(Last vote received: 1/24/2013 9:36 PM)
1/20/2013 7:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
And I had to vote "Yes, definitely". Truth is, I am very positive about everything we've heard about the update. And another "truth" is yes, GD will loose some players, even after the update, because not everyone is going to like it, though I believe a very large % will, but I also believe there will be a lot of coaches that have left the game that will return and a LOT of new blood will get hooked on GD. Bottom line...GD will be bigger and better than ever before it's all over!
1/20/2013 7:46 PM
Norbert...I hope I make sense with this question. When the new engine is in place will we be able to use players abilities any differently? For example, if we put 2 TE's in the ND formation, and both have good speed, hands, elusiveness, etc., should we be able to throw the ball consistently & effectively? Will the formation have as much or more to do with the outcome as the players abilities? I feel like it would add to the game if we could change a players position and get more out of it than we're able to now. I think it would also make scouting our opponents more important. Right now we can look at their tendencies and that's about it. I believe it would be a better game if a coach could scout his opponents players attributes and get an advantage. If I'm not explaining this properly forgive me...and just pretend I never ask the question! (LOL)
1/20/2013 9:27 PM
Sorry Norbert, but I have another question. There is a post on the "time clock". Is there any chance that the new update will allow us any flexibility with the pace of the game? Thanks in advance...
1/22/2013 10:37 AM
Posted by coach_deen on 1/22/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Sorry Norbert, but I have another question. There is a post on the "time clock". Is there any chance that the new update will allow us any flexibility with the pace of the game? Thanks in advance...
Yes, check Norbert's first post in the Game Plans thread at the top of the page.
1/22/2013 12:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
Update Status - 1/14/13 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.