Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Pats losing Talib is brutal for them. The secondary is crap as it is.
1/20/2013 7:37 PM
Pats have no answer for the Ravens shotgun pseudo hurry up. 
1/20/2013 9:23 PM
A three and out taking less than a minute off the clock - still leaves Brady with plenty of time.
1/20/2013 9:26 PM
I like that the Ravens kept throwing. Gotta play to win.
1/20/2013 9:32 PM
I didn't think it was possible, but the Pats look worse than Denver last week. As much as I hate Belichick, this is one of the very few games I've seen where it looks like he's been completely out-coached.

7 straight runs they know are coming, and they can't do a thing to stop it.
1/20/2013 9:36 PM
Brady is 25/44 for 276 yards with the Ravens barely getting any pressure on him. I'm sure Welker will get all the blame.
1/20/2013 9:40 PM
I think Ridley and the defense will get the majority
1/20/2013 9:43 PM
Worst NE performance I've seen in a very long time
1/20/2013 9:47 PM
The Brady hype machine continues despite the fact that he's now choked in the clutch several times.

It's been a decade since the hype he got based on team success he had little to do with made him "elite" in many people's minds.

Now he's got the great weapons to provide him the stats, but can't come through with play of his own in the clutch.

The fact is he was never clutch to begin with. He just got that label based upon SB wins with a talented team in a good system. If he was really that great, he'd have gotten BETTER with having more weapons around him, and while he put up some stats because of those weapons, he has CHOKED in major games for nearly a decade now.

Why can't some people stop drinking the Brady kool-aid and realize the guy has been carried by a talented team to wins, SBs, and stats and that he is (and has been shown to be) replaceable in their system?

1/21/2013 8:34 AM
Brady's weapons must have sucked again. 
1/21/2013 8:37 AM
Yeah, it must have been the receivers fault. Or maybe it was the offensive line that allowed him at least five seconds to throw on 10+ drop backs throughout the game.

The guy's whole legacy is based on throwing screens and check downs or waiting forever behind a great offensive line for guys to get open. When anyone pressures him the slightest bit, he's absolutely horrible (see the 4th and 4 play against the Ravens, or the INT he threw to seal the loss).

1/21/2013 8:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Brady's weapons must have sucked again. 
They did drop the balls and fumbled.  That said, the blame is to the whole team.  

They came out flat and played flat.

Losing Talib was probably the single biggest impact on the game.  Then Welkers 2 drops, the Riddley fumble and Solder's holding penalty on a 1st down conversion.  The Pats couldn't convert a 3rd down at all.  

All around sucky game.  I don't think Brady played bad....but he didn't play great either.  He had some time to throw, but his WR's couldn't get open.  
1/21/2013 9:24 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, it must have been the receivers fault. Or maybe it was the offensive line that allowed him at least five seconds to throw on 10+ drop backs throughout the game.

The guy's whole legacy is based on throwing screens and check downs or waiting forever behind a great offensive line for guys to get open. When anyone pressures him the slightest bit, he's absolutely horrible (see the 4th and 4 play against the Ravens, or the INT he threw to seal the loss).

The INT didn't seal the game.  Riddley fumble did.  That deflated the Pats.  You could see it in the whole team.
1/21/2013 9:25 AM
I understand. It's NEVER allowed to be Brady's fault.

His hype is too massive to be overcome, even if he had chucked ten INTs and fumbled five times and the Ravens had beaten them by 50.
1/21/2013 9:28 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 8:34:00 AM (view original):
The Brady hype machine continues despite the fact that he's now choked in the clutch several times.

It's been a decade since the hype he got based on team success he had little to do with made him "elite" in many people's minds.

Now he's got the great weapons to provide him the stats, but can't come through with play of his own in the clutch.

The fact is he was never clutch to begin with. He just got that label based upon SB wins with a talented team in a good system. If he was really that great, he'd have gotten BETTER with having more weapons around him, and while he put up some stats because of those weapons, he has CHOKED in major games for nearly a decade now.

Why can't some people stop drinking the Brady kool-aid and realize the guy has been carried by a talented team to wins, SBs, and stats and that he is (and has been shown to be) replaceable in their system?

So you consider Manning a choker also?
1/21/2013 9:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.