Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

He was in Top 15 for me...but I can't help thinking he had much more talent around him than anyone else in his era, and his stats were actually worse than I though they'd be when I looked at them closely.
2/15/2013 6:40 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/15/2013 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 2/15/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
I put Bradshaw just ahead of Brady, which means there are a plethora of candidates ahead of both in terms of greatest QBs ever.

Now if you're talking MOST OVER RATED QBs EVER, then they make the top of the list easy:

1. Tom Brady
2. Terry Bradshaw

You seem like a decent guy, but I have to distance myself from you after this thread. I hate Brady and the Pats as much as anyone, but to suggest he's overrated or not a Top 10 all-time QB is just ridiculous. Either you know nothing about football, or you're a massive troll.
He's a moron.

We get it bis....you hate Brady. You still don't know dick about football.
2/16/2013 9:16 PM
I hate Brady too.  I think he's an arrogant *****.  But he's also one of the top 5 QBs of all time.
2/16/2013 11:03 PM
I agree.....except for the arrogant ***** part.
2/17/2013 9:33 AM
He's a very bad person.
2/17/2013 9:49 AM
I hate Brady and the Pats as much as anyone, but to suggest he's overrated or not a Top 10 all-time QB is just ridiculous.

The very REASON Brady is over rated is because people such as you think he's greater than he actually is.

If 100 is the greatest QB of all time and 0 is the worst, Brady's REAL ABILITIES put him around 70 or so in my opinion. His PERCEIVED ABILITIES by people such as you are probably around 90. That's a HUGE disparity.

That means he's extremely over rated as far as I'm concerned. This is my honest and sincere opinion, and it makes logical sense. It's not "just ridiculous" - it's supported by the fact that people over rate QBs in general for Super Bowl wins, and none more so than Brady.

Brady isn't top 10 all time  or even close as far as I'm concerned. In fact, people thinking he is that great is the very REASON he's so over rated.

Top 30? MAYBE, and even that might be a stretch considering the great QBs the league has seen over the years.

We could go back and forth all day suggesting each other knows nothing about football and neither gains ground, so you doing so now isn't productive.
We get it bis....you hate Brady. You still don't know dick about football.

It has NOTHING to do with my personal opinion on Brady.

I think he's over rated because the evidence bears that out.

How many of you Brady-lovers have addressed ANY of his failures?

How about two SB losses to the Giants and a QB most of you think is far worse than Brady, including the horribly thrown pass to Welker which would have probably iced the second one? Wait, that HAD to be all Welker, because Brady is perfect and never fails.

The "tuck rule" fumble he made which got over turned and allowed him to win an SB he never deserved to even be in, launching him into the beginning of over rating? The guy screwed up major and got a do-over.

How about his inability to take one of the most talented teams in the league over the past several season to more than two Super Bowls? If he's that great, they should have been there more than twice.

Any of you remember the AFC title game for the 2006 season, where they were destroying the Colts, who come back and take the lead? Brady has the chance to drive his team down for a win and  a Super Bowl appearance (and maybe another ring) and he throws it right into the arms of Marlin Jackson? Let me guess, that was someone else's fault too, right?

No, Brady's not over rated, because all of you discuss these failures and others of his on a regular basis, don't you? You've therefore got a completely rounded and unbiased view, which means you can't possibly be over rating him by only paying attention to success and ignoring failure. *rolls eyes*
2/18/2013 8:40 AM
*yawn*

You can mash the keyboard, but you're the only idiot that thinks Brady isn't a top 15 QB of all time.

2/18/2013 10:19 AM
2/18/2013 10:20 AM
You can mash the keyboard and be wrong as much as you want, but you conveniently avoided addressing the Brady failures even when I threw them right in your face.

Yes, you're wrong.

I know plenty of people who agree Brady is over rated to some extent, and several who agree with me that he is vastly over rated. It may be a minority opinion, but I'm FAR from being the only one who thinks he's over rated, whether or not anyone here on this one message board sees this and is willing to say they agree with me.

2/18/2013 10:21 AM
Some notable failures of Brady's (this is by far not all of his failures, but we'll start with these). Anyone who wants to claim Brady isn't over rated can feel free to discuss these at any time, but I doubt any of them ever will, because that's how he's over rated:

How about two SB losses to the Giants and a QB most of you think is far worse than Brady, including the horribly thrown pass to Welker which would have probably iced the second one? Wait, that HAD to be all Welker, because Brady is perfect and never fails.

The "tuck rule" fumble he made which got over turned and allowed him to win an SB he never deserved to even be in, launching him into the beginning of over rating? The guy screwed up major and got a do-over.

How about his inability to take one of the most talented teams in the league over the past several season to more than two Super Bowls? If he's that great, they should have been there more than twice.

Any of you remember the AFC title game for the 2006 season, where they were destroying the Colts, who come back and take the lead? Brady has the chance to drive his team down for a win and  a Super Bowl appearance (and maybe another ring) and he throws it right into the arms of Marlin Jackson? Let me guess, that was someone else's fault too, right?
2/18/2013 10:25 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/18/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Some notable failures of Brady's (this is by far not all of his failures, but we'll start with these). Anyone who wants to claim Brady isn't over rated can feel free to discuss these at any time, but I doubt any of them ever will, because that's how he's over rated:

A) I've seen several people in here say Eli is good. I wouldn't consider him "far worse" than Brady.

B) Is Favre overrated? Manning? Elway? Because all of them have turned in some pretty bad postseason performances. If that's the only measure of a good/bad QB, a lot fall off the list immediately.
2/18/2013 10:51 AM
People are over rating Brady based upon the success of his team in the post season (and in the Super Bowl a decade ago).

All I'm doing is offering you something to counter-balance the situation and treat it fairly.

2/18/2013 11:00 AM
Can't you say that about any QB? Did Montana take on 11 guys on defense himself? Did he play defense when the other team's offense was on the field? QB is important, but no one player wins a championship in football.
2/18/2013 12:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/18/2013 10:20:00 AM (view original):
The worst is the Stetson commercial.  
2/18/2013 12:56 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/18/2013 11:00:00 AM (view original):
People are over rating Brady based upon the success of his team in the post season (and in the Super Bowl a decade ago).

All I'm doing is offering you something to counter-balance the situation and treat it fairly.

Your argument is because you hate Brady.  That is all.
2/18/2013 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56|57|58...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.