Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Posted by AlCheez on 1/17/2013 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/17/2013 9:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 1/16/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
The defense gave up 17 points.  An offense that scored almost 600 points in the regular season put 14, even with that drive.  I know how that game played out, but that one's one the offense, no matter how you slice it.  (And of course, lots of credit for that goes to the NYG defense, but still)
In 2007 BB cost us the game.  That stupid going for it on 4th down when a FG was highly doable was a major mistake.
Yes, because 17 points would have been an awesome performance from that offense...

I get that it's almost a mortal sin to suggest that Brady failed to get it done in a big game... but he failed to get it done in a big game.
Not saying that it's a mortal sin.  Brady didn't play well either.  It happens.  They played a team that had luck on their side (Tyree catch), bad coaching on the Pats (dumb 4th down attempt) and a Brady that wasn't 100% on his game.  
1/17/2013 9:43 AM
So you've got nothing but childish insults and declarations you can't back up?

Yeah, that proves me wrong. *rolls eyes*

Grow up.

1/17/2013 9:44 AM
Fair enough.  (to nomar, not bis, especially since I have no idea what bis said)
1/17/2013 9:48 AM (edited)
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/17/2013 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Don't let facts get in burnsy's way.

Brady played with guys who couldn't make a JV team while the rest of the QBs mentioned played with future HOFers.

Pre Welker/Moss....that is true.  Will Brown, Gaffney, Caldwell, Givens, Branch, Patten, Christina Furia (sp?), Ben Watson (sucks), Chad Jackson, Rod Rutledge and Jermaine Wiggins.

I suppose I could start picking this apart but, like burnsy, you're not interested in hearing it so I'll just do one.

Branch was a 2nd round pick.   He put up comparable seasons in Seatlle with Hasselbeck at QB after leaving the Patriots.

Hasselbeck = Brady?
1/17/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/17/2013 9:44:00 AM (view original):
So you've got nothing but childish insults and declarations you can't back up?

Yeah, that proves me wrong. *rolls eyes*

Grow up.

Brady's stats speak for itself.  Your rants just prove that you dislike him and the Pats. 

Like i said, you'd give your left nut for Brady if you had the choice.  

No go run along kiddo.
1/17/2013 9:49 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/17/2013 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Fair enough.  (to nomar, not bis, especially since I have no idea what bis said)
He said nothing....as usual.
1/17/2013 9:49 AM
Kindly stop quoting him - you're giving him an end-run around the block feature.
1/17/2013 9:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2013 9:47:00 AM (view original):

Brady played with guys who couldn't make a JV team while the rest of the QBs mentioned played with future HOFers.

Pre Welker/Moss....that is true.  Will Brown, Gaffney, Caldwell, Givens, Branch, Patten, Christina Furia (sp?), Ben Watson (sucks), Chad Jackson, Rod Rutledge and Jermaine Wiggins.

I suppose I could start picking this apart but, like burnsy, you're not interested in hearing it so I'll just do one.

Branch was a 2nd round pick.   He put up comparable seasons in Seatlle with Hasselbeck at QB after leaving the Patriots.

Hasselbeck = Brady?
What's your point?  Branch was a middle of the pack WR....and Brady made him a Superbowl MVP.

I'm arguing that Brady did more with less...and you're proving my point.  Branch isn't that good.
1/17/2013 9:51 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/17/2013 9:51:00 AM (view original):
Kindly stop quoting him - you're giving him an end-run around the block feature.
****...my bad.
1/17/2013 9:52 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/17/2013 9:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2013 9:47:00 AM (view original):

Hasselbeck = Brady?
What's your point?  Branch was a middle of the pack WR....and Brady made him a Superbowl MVP.

I'm arguing that Brady did more with less...and you're proving my point.  Branch isn't that good.
My point is you, and burnsy, keep insinuating that Brady had no weapons.  

If Branch is ****, Branch is ****(despite being a 2nd round pick and having an 11 year NFL career thus far).    However, with Hasselbeck throwing him the ball, he put us comparable numbers to when Brady was throwing him the ball.

Either Brady isn't elevating players or Hasselbeck and Brady are interchangeable.   Which is it?
1/17/2013 9:55 AM
Like i said, you'd give your left nut for Brady if you had the choice. 

Like **** I would.

QBs I'd take over him on any day:

Either Manning. Rodgers. Brees. Roethlisberger. Ryan. Rivers. Flacco. Kapernick. Even Bradford, Newton, Freeman, and all three good rookies - Luck, RG III, and Wilson.

That's 15 guys I'd take before Brady.

Yes, I'm for real. I think all of those guys are either better than Brady right now or are close and will be better in the future.

And all you have to say against that is...nothing but childish insults, I'm sure.

I could insult you too if you'd like and then we're back at square one, so your insults accomplish nothing.
1/17/2013 9:56 AM
A Super Bowl MVP is one good game.  There's been plenty of otherwise non-descript players who played a great Super Bowl and went down in the history books that way.  The point is, looking at his career, Brady didn't "make" him a better player while his was in NE.
1/17/2013 9:57 AM
Gaffney hasn't been a star anywhere but Brady actually de-elevated him.    He was better in HOU, WASH and DEN.
1/17/2013 10:05 AM
Fauria was better in SEA/CAR.  Wiggins was a stud in MN.

1/17/2013 10:08 AM
Brady = career killer for WR/TE
1/17/2013 10:09 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.