Set Budgets Before World Fills Topic

One of my worlds just rolled. I'm going to try to start a thread here on every aspect of the game that could be improved and specific suggestions on how and why to make that improvement.

I have no hope that WIS will ever implement any of this. I'm posting for the people I'm confident are out there who realize there's a workable small business model in baseball simulation.  I hope to help them avoid some of the more annoying details in their game.

Set Budget As Soon As The World Rolls Over

It sucks that the reward for sticking with a team is the ability to do NOTHING for days, weeks, months while waiting for the world to fill.

We should be allowed to set & save the budget at any time. Not just in 1-2 day window. I've missed that more than once due to travel & other responsibilities. There's no reason that should be an issue.

Should be able to change the budgets any time until the cutoff.

No more information (like projections) should be displayed, so there's no real advantage gained by GMs who can set the budget before others.

1/14/2013 4:30 PM
I like this.  If a new owner comes in the budgets are reset.  So there is no downside to this at all.  I made the cutoff in Griffey by 2 minutes this morning.  I would have been ******.  
1/14/2013 9:17 PM
This makes way too much sense.
1/16/2013 1:29 PM
It does and I can only think of one drawback.

Owner joins, sets budget, waits(or doesn't) and withdraws.    You'd have to allow owners to adjust budgets at rollover but not be able to lock them in until approval.  There would be some programming involved.
1/16/2013 2:37 PM
Why does anything need to be locked in before the end of budget day?

As it stands right now, we can start budgeting and save our budgets on the day before the official scheduled budget day.  Once the world is filled and approved, budgeting is opened.  I think this suggestion just opens it up as soon as rollover occurs, before approval takes place, instead of after approval.
1/16/2013 3:12 PM
Why not let the teams that have filled schedule their own pre-preseason games (via challenges) and let the sim play them out (no effect on development or injury). Just killing time by testing different settings would help the time go by.

It'd be like 9 guys and a basketball playing games of 3 on 3 until the 10th guy gets there. They wouldn't just sit around not playing!
1/16/2013 7:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 2:37:00 PM (view original):

Owner joins, sets budget, waits(or doesn't) and withdraws.    You'd have to allow owners to adjust budgets at rollover but not be able to lock them in until approval.  There would be some programming involved.
Of course. Can be changed up until the deadline. Not locked the first time it's saved. That's how it works now for 1-2 days. Should be like that starting when the world rolls over.

1/16/2013 9:25 PM
Posted by tufft on 1/16/2013 9:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 2:37:00 PM (view original):

Of course. Can be changed up until the deadline. Not locked the first time it's saved. That's how it works now for 1-2 days. Should be like that starting when the world rolls over.

I really like this idea.
1/17/2013 1:14 PM

I liek this, as well.

A related tweak would be to allow us to move our frnachise players freely during this period (and tup to ST), as well. The fact that I can't promote someone from AA to AAA when neither team has the minimum 20 players anyway is ridiculous. We could get a lot of spring cleaning done while we wait for worlds to fill.

2/8/2013 12:08 PM
Set Budgets Before World Fills Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.