Trout, Shoeless Joe, or Kauff? Topic

I hate these kinds of threads, but I feel like I need to ask.

I am in a unique draft league where we all draft players in different categories. I have the first pick in one of the drafts and I'm trying to choose between 1914 Benny Kauff, 1920 Joe Jackson, and 2012 Mike Trout. Whoever I selected would be my leadoff hitter in a neutral park. Defense is nice, but not 100% important since I already drafted a B+/A outfielder and will have a chance to select an A/A+ outfielder.

All that being said, I have spent the last two days struggling to decide exactly who I should take. I see valid arguments for all three. So I turn to the interwebs for the answer. Tell me!
1/14/2013 11:07 PM
Kauff, highest OBP and enough PA to bat leadoff without rest
1/14/2013 11:28 PM
Yea, Kauff edges out Joe Jax simply because of the extra 20 PA. if you must bat him leadoff. Trout's defense isn't enough to make up the difference in hitting and stamina even if he bats lower, makes no sense at leadoff.
1/15/2013 2:38 AM (edited)
Trout, Shoeless Joe, or Kauff? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.