Plus or minus def Topic

If you are playing a team with so/fr guards and very good lp players would pressure the guards with a plus def or a minus to shut down the post and make the guards beat you
1/15/2013 10:06 PM
Depends on where the other team scores from, how good your post defenders are, etc.  If they score inside, I would probably play a -1 or -2. If you aren't playing a press, you might be able to doubleteam a weak BH/P guard to create turnovers.
1/16/2013 10:55 AM
I would not double team anyone who wasn't the primary scorer, ever. Agreed that it depends where their scoring comes from, but I'd expect that the kind of team you described got most of its scoring from the very good interior players, in which case I'd be playing a minus defense.

EDIT: Looks like you played a -3, which is what I would've opted for, and defended them quite well but lost the game with a rough offensive effort.
1/16/2013 11:59 AM
grit25, yeah i was disappointed in my O. They are a good defensive team but i thought i would shut them down abit more than occured.
1/16/2013 7:10 PM
Plus or minus def Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.