Help on shooting issues Topic

My team is shooting less than 50 times a game... teams I play are shooting 60+ shots a game..i run a triangle offense, with a fast or normal tempo. How come i am being out shot by so much?
1/16/2013 2:37 AM
Through this morning's game, the difference is 49-57.   Part of the explanation is 1) you have 22 more TOs than your opponents, thus decreasing your shot attempts; 2) you've had 40 more FTs than you opponent. Many of those were non-shooting fouls which will decrease your total attempts. 

Take away the 3 more TOs/game the the 6 more FTs/game and you're much closer to your opponents total attempts. 
1/16/2013 3:33 AM
So, besides the turnovers, im not necessarily at a disadvantage?
1/16/2013 3:53 PM

Yes, you're also shooting better than most of your opponents which gives you less chance at an offensive rebound. A more important stat in my opinion is FG%, and in particular individual player's FG%. For example looking at the %, I would be tempted to increase distribution for Wilson (56.8%) and Wray (50% for a guard is very solid)

1/16/2013 4:50 PM
Ok. Thanks!
1/16/2013 9:18 PM
Agreed with dlion67.  Having more shots, doesnt always mean good things.  Not always important how many you take, but how many you make.  Getting the ball to your betters shooters is huge.

Additionally, trying to find a way to reduce the turnovers will allow you to possess the ball, you get more looks, and inherently more opportunities for your good shooters.

Lastly, second chance opportunities with offensive rebounding plays a role in how many shots you take. 

1/18/2013 9:03 AM
Help on shooting issues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.