Practice Plan for Small Forward Topic

I should be embarrassed to be making this post but it isn't stopping me.  Apologies in advance.

I have a low work ethic, high potential player that it sure seems like I'm not going to be able to come close to maxing it out.  I'm thinking it is time to punt a category or two but I'm not sure that makes sense.  Even if it does, I'm not sure what to punt.

Here is Marvin Bowen.  14 games into the season, he's barely developed from where he started the season.  That's because I'm practicing everything and the only category that is getting serious practice minutes is his low post scoring.

Bowen has a number of high potential categories.  He originally had two others.  He has 18 points of improvement still in rebounding and 13 points to improve in ball handling.

In total, I have 86 minutes to allocate to practicing skill categories.

Any thoughts?
1/16/2013 6:27 PM
Abandon the rebounding, come back to it later in his career if he maxes out - or comes close to maxing out - elsewhere.
1/16/2013 6:32 PM
Jeez play him more minutes and get that development up. He could be the best D3 player in Allen by his SR year. I would gladly suffer a little bit this season and lose 2-3 games, get a 3seed as opposed to the 1 seed, and have him be maxed out by his SR year. 

And specifically, bench Cope, start Bowen. Your other 2 backcourt players are tremendous and can definitely pick up the slack. 
1/16/2013 6:47 PM (edited)
And I also should add that Samuel Miller is a bum... You should definitely lower his distro.
1/16/2013 6:50 PM
I would punt rebounding and passing for the time being.  0 out rebounding and drop passing to something like 3 or 4 to try to hold it steady.
1/16/2013 7:33 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/16/2013 7:33:00 PM (view original):
I would punt rebounding and passing for the time being.  0 out rebounding and drop passing to something like 3 or 4 to try to hold it steady.
I used to do this, but then I realized trying to hold something steady isn't really worth it... If you drop it below 7 might as well make it 0 and redistribute it elsewhere.
1/16/2013 7:35 PM

A player of his caliber really can't get by shooting ft's at below 70%. I would work mostly on rebounding, ft's, and have him and the rest of your team hit the books harder. (Study Hall),  Few if any of those losers will ever play pro ball outside of a third world country, so they really need to graduate. This isn't a farm system for the NBA. Stop thinking of yourself and wins. Think of the kids future and make the right choice here.

1/17/2013 1:27 AM
Practice Plan for Small Forward Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.