With this fake, dead girlfriend, he has to be one of the three following.   What say ye, people of WifS?

Publicity whore-overcame great emotional pain to play
Innocent victim-elaborate hoax played on him
Gay-big time football players have women around, unless they're being faithful to the girl back home

Votes: 20
(Last vote received: 1/25/2013 7:55 AM)
1/17/2013 8:04 AM
NEVER TRUST A CATHOLIC
1/17/2013 8:39 AM
I think he's actually a mormon.
1/17/2013 8:48 AM
Just read a nickname "the Lyin' Hawaiian".  Yep, it's great.

1/17/2013 8:52 AM
1/17/2013 8:54 AM
NICE
1/17/2013 8:57 AM
Hold on a minute, maybe I've been looking at this all wrong.  People are saying that this will F up his NFL chances because teams won't want a player who's a liar, freako, or a flat out dumbass.

Maybe it's better for a football player to have an imaginary woman.  You won't ever have to cut him for slapping her in a parking lot, or shooting her.

1/17/2013 9:16 AM
I think his inability to tackle anyone wearing an Alabama uni affects his draft position far more than a dead, imaginary girlfriend.   After all, Kennedy did just fine with a dead, real girlfriend.
1/17/2013 9:26 AM
You know how when you grab a woman's breast... it feels like... a bag of sand.  ~Manti Te'o
1/17/2013 10:23 AM
I honestly find it really hard to believe that they had a three year relationship and only met the one time he reached out, touched her hand and looked into her soulful eyes.   She was in the hospital after a car accident, he didn't go see her.  She was diagnosed with leukemia, he didn't go see her.   She's on her death bed, he didn't go see her.  THREE YEARS!

6 months during the height of football season?  OK, I can see that.    Three years?  No, sorry.
1/17/2013 1:06 PM
What do you think, what looks worse to an NFL team:

We might draft a player who's a chronic massive liar...

- or -

We might draft a player who's out gay

Thought so.

1/17/2013 7:28 PM
I think if he runs fast, lifts heavy and hits hard, they won't care if he says "I'm not gay" with a dick in his mouth. 
1/17/2013 8:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2013 1:06:00 PM (view original):
I honestly find it really hard to believe that they had a three year relationship and only met the one time he reached out, touched her hand and looked into her soulful eyes.   She was in the hospital after a car accident, he didn't go see her.  She was diagnosed with leukemia, he didn't go see her.   She's on her death bed, he didn't go see her.  THREE YEARS!

6 months during the height of football season?  OK, I can see that.    Three years?  No, sorry.
The report that his teammates knew she wasn't really his girlfriend (not that she didn't exist) is the first thing that's come out in this whole story that makes a version of the story where he didn't find out that she wasn't real until December make any sense at all.  I'm still not saying that's what happened, but it's the first thing that's made it seem at all plausible.  It would still involve him dramatically embellishing the details of the relationship after she "died" and possibly even before.
1/17/2013 9:37 PM
Despite your garbled wording, I think I see what you're saying.

She was some chick he talked to online.   And, possibly, he played her up as his GF after she "died". 

That would make some sense. 
1/18/2013 8:29 AM

And that would still fit into him covering up his homosexuality. 

I would say it could be possible that he's ridiculously shy around women and just couldn't handle any sort of "real" relationship, meaning that he's not necessarily gay, but that just seems hard to fathom due to the way he handles himself on camera.

1/18/2013 8:32 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.