two odd things happened in Kaline this season Topic

#1 not everyone could see all the Rule 5 eligible players  at least two of us did not see a drafted player on our list of those eligible 

#2 my team tied for the last wild card spot but did not get a berth do to the tie breaker  /////  I was OK with that but when the season rolled over we got seeded lower than the playoff teams we tied with for the amateur draft
1/17/2013 10:46 AM
As to #1, I can think of two possibilities:

1)  You can't see the R5 eligible players from your own team, so in that respect, all 32 teams have a slightly different view of the R5 players.

2)  Everybody has the ability to set their R5 lists with different position targets, weights and player types.  As you make changes to these variables, your R5 list will be reordered.  Since you can only see the top 500 players, it's possible you can have two owners with different R5 settings, one of whom will see a particular player in his top 500, and one who will not because he's beyond the top 500.
1/17/2013 11:00 AM
I was not the only owner who could not see him  .....it was a catcher who was picked in the top 5   ...others in the league could not see him as well even though we searched each possible way
1/22/2013 8:34 AM

what was his salary?  The generic cut off is the league minimum, but if you up it to something higher, could that catcher have shown up?  IE, was he on a ML contract, while not on someone's 40 and in their minors?

1/22/2013 12:22 PM
Does the weighting of the position in the rule 5 draft settings affect whether or not you'll see a guy...i.e. if the weight of C is 0 in the amateur draft, you won't see any catchers. Does it work the same way in the rule 5? I don't know because I'm scared of missing anybody in the rule 5 and make sure that I have all positions weighted equally.
1/22/2013 12:54 PM
Being in the NL, I won't see DH-only players unless I adjust my settings to find them.  Sometimes those players are poor catchers, 1Bs, or LFs.

1/22/2013 1:14 PM
#2 has happened to me as well....lost the tie breaker for the playoffs and then was lower in the draft then the team I tied with.
1/22/2013 1:44 PM
Posted by damag on 1/22/2013 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Being in the NL, I won't see DH-only players unless I adjust my settings to find them.  Sometimes those players are poor catchers, 1Bs, or LFs.

Yes, I assume this is the case - the guys who couldn't see him viewed him as a DH and had their DH weight at 0.  This happened to me a while back in another league, also a guy who showed up as a C on the actual draft history.
1/22/2013 1:59 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/17/2013 11:00:00 AM (view original):
As to #1, I can think of two possibilities:

1)  You can't see the R5 eligible players from your own team, so in that respect, all 32 teams have a slightly different view of the R5 players.

2)  Everybody has the ability to set their R5 lists with different position targets, weights and player types.  As you make changes to these variables, your R5 list will be reordered.  Since you can only see the top 500 players, it's possible you can have two owners with different R5 settings, one of whom will see a particular player in his top 500, and one who will not because he's beyond the top 500.
This.  #2.

If you weigh a certain position at 0, it may cause everybody at that position to fall below the 500 visible players that you can see.  Readjust the weights, and they'll most likely show up.
1/22/2013 2:13 PM
two odd things happened in Kaline this season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.