Interesting Tom Zentmeyer Interveiw. Topic

Very interesting.
1/20/2013 1:15 PM
This host is hard to listen to.

He acts like Cincinnati is on the freakin moon.
1/21/2013 11:55 PM
Yeah, it would have been a bit better if the host had more HBD seasons under him.
1/22/2013 11:41 AM
He'd been at WIS since 2001 or so, and just started playing HBD?  I found that a bit strange
1/22/2013 12:17 PM
The most interesting part to me was when Zentmeyer said that there is a way to increase your chances of getting more DITRs, but wouldn't give up what it was.

Any theories?
1/22/2013 1:15 PM
Step one - Send $20 to Tom Zentmeyer via PayPal.
Step two - Collect more DITRs.
1/22/2013 1:19 PM
Nice interview.. maybe get the word out to a different group of baseball fans. To me the BABIP discussion was very interesting. Confirms a few things on the pitching side for me.
1/23/2013 11:09 AM
Finally more stats! Woot!
1/23/2013 5:30 PM (edited)
Posted by mongoose_22 on 1/22/2013 1:15:00 PM (view original):
The most interesting part to me was when Zentmeyer said that there is a way to increase your chances of getting more DITRs, but wouldn't give up what it was.

Any theories?
My guess would be, give a player drafted low down (after the 10th round for sure) more playing time than his skills suggest.  Which is why it seems (as has been suggested elsewhere) to always be backup Cs, glove-only SS or 2B, and LRs.  Guys who you're using just to give you some defense or innings pitched.

1/23/2013 7:37 PM
Definitely agree on both points regarding the excruciating talk of Cincinnati and local eating habits as well as the fact that it would have been nice if the interviewer was a more experienced HBD player.
But it is always good to get the word out on HBD on sites where MLB stat geeks are bound to visit.
1/24/2013 5:19 PM
Interesting Tom Zentmeyer Interveiw. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.