2001 + Auction/Free Agency League Discussion Topic

Yes- JRNY is correct-  basically everyone can have 33 Players on their Roster.

* If you have the cash through the first 20 days - the leftover/tied & not upbid players will go back on the market for2 more days for those who still have cash on hand.  Then we'll do a draft after that to fill everyone out to 33 Players- though these players that are Drafted rather than won in the auction will be ONLY 1-YEAR PLAYERS ONLY. 

Hope that makes sense to everyone...
1/28/2013 6:39 PM

Day 1- Monday January 28th

Winning & TIED Bids Below & in the Theme League Forum.
Day 2 Players List Posted & will be sitemailed momentarily...

* Tied Bids must be upbid by someone or withdrawn by someone or else the player goes back into the End of the Auction pool.

Do we have until the end of the draft to withdraw or resubmit?
1/29/2013 7:09 AM

* You have until the end of the NEXT Day's Auction to Upbid

so if you were TIED on Day 1- someone must upbid by the End of Day 2 or else the player goes back into the end of the auction pool.
If you both upbid the same amount & are still tied on next day- the player goes back into the end of the Auction Pool.

1/29/2013 4:54 PM
thank you
1/29/2013 5:50 PM
Are you planning on posting rosters,with money spent, as we proceed with the draft?
1/31/2013 7:00 AM
yes- I should be able to do an update every couple of days...
I'll post them them through Day 3 this evening when I get home from work.
1/31/2013 4:06 PM
Some of these bids are really blowing my mind... especially when compared to similar players...
2/3/2013 12:36 PM
Bud Selig
To:
The 2001 + Auction Free Agency League
Received:
2/13/2013 1:44:00 PM
Subject:
** ROSTERS / BUDGETS / Rollover $ / Trades / Cuts **

Hey fellas-
Been a fairly smooth Auction process through 15 Days... 5 more to go of the main event ! I want to thank you all for playing & my apologies for the couple of missed bids along the way. Regardless of how your teams are shaping out to what you had hoped- there is plenty of chances to improve/trade going into 2001 - and many Rookies, Free Agents, and guys that skipped 2001 hitting the 2002 market. I know I'm cutting half my team - even some good players to try & "renegotiate a cheaper deal"

** Rosters & Budgets **
* $100 mil Cap- A couple people are out of cash & others are hitting their $100 million cap. Please be aware of how much you have left to spend & I'll make sure & do the same here. Couple guys went over last night & I had to take their bids from the top of the page on down to determine who they got. So please- if you're close to going over - list in order of preference.

* 33 Players max. If you have less than 33 go out of cash- we will hold a Draft Days 22 and after (Next week) so you can fill oit your squad (one year contracts only). If you are at or go over 33 - you will need to Cut someone but sill are liable for their salary.

* Roll over $$-as sent out before the Auction & added to the Rules- if you happen to have any cash left at the very end of the Auction (after day 21 Pool next Monday) you are allowed to Keep up to $10,000 towards 2001 Trades or roll it over into your 2002 budget. But no one will be able to have more than $110 million at any time to either spend or have available.

* TRADES- feel free to make trades at any time so long as all teams stay within budget. Money can be used as part of a trade- but no one canever have a Team Salary or new season Team Budget of more than the $10 mil extra allowance.

Thanks fellas !!
I'll post the Updated Rosters & sitemail 'em to you as well if that's easier....

2/13/2013 1:48 PM
Todd,
When you set up the league can you see if there is anyway not to have a transaction deadline? I will move guys up and down all season and it would help to be able to do it all 162 games .
I would also like to Thank You for the great job you did running the Auction.I know it took a lot of time every day.
As for owners being out of cash with less than 25 men rostered, I really don't have any issue with that. If you spent it on a handful of stars and have to fill your roster with 100,000 scrubs or went for a more balanced team,eveyone had 100 mil to spend 
2/17/2013 8:11 AM

Thanks man-  Yeah- not a problem... the latest WIS will allow a Roster Deadline is game 159 but that should help out a lot...

2/17/2013 12:03 PM
Does the budget always have to stay below $100 million, even in season?  In other words, do we have to clear the budget with in-season trades?
2/20/2013 3:46 PM
Yes $100 mil is the max Budget - unless you have extra left-over cash on hand that you didn't spend.  (Most of us spent it all)  So most of us will have to work with the $100 we have spent.  The teams that have extra cash not spent can be used as cap space for trades, or you can roll it over into the next season.  BUT the max amount you can rollover is $10 million each season, and that can't be compounded from year to year- so the MOST one team can ever have going into the next season is $110 mil to keep things as competitive as possible.
2/20/2013 4:38 PM
◂ Prev 12
2001 + Auction/Free Agency League Discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.