January 19, 2013

1/20/2013 5:15 PM
Well, I have tried to upload the NY Times article on Earl Weaver, which was very good, but it does not want to take not sure why. Anyway, Stan Musial and Earl Weaver both dead on the same day. Two greats. 
1/20/2013 5:16 PM
Just post the link; no need to upload the article.
1/20/2013 5:47 PM
probably just got ejected....
1/20/2013 9:59 PM
I have a funny Earl Weaver experience I'll share... in 1971 (I was12 years old), I was asked to be the "poster" child for a baseball clinic put together by a local group of retired players in the Sacramento area. So, I got to go to Oakland to see the A's play the Baltimore Orioles. Prior to the game, I had my picture taken with several A's and Oriole players that inlcuded Dave Duncan, Mike Epstien, Dick Green, Bert Campaneris, Sal Bando, Joe Rudi, Rick Monday, Reggie Jackson, and Vida Blue. On the Oriole side I had my picture taken with Ellie Hendricks, Boog Powell, Dave Johnson, Mark Belanger, Brooks Robinson, Don Buford, Paul Blair and Frank Robinson and Mike Cuellar. The pictures taken were of me "getting instruction" from each player... batting fielding and pitching. Cool stuff for a 12 year old! Still have the pictures!

The "Earl Weaver" part of the story comes when I was waiting in the Orioles dugout and Earl was doing an interview with an Oakland reporter. Good old Earl was in the process of doing and very adult version of his story, when one of the sponsors walked up to Earl and pointed in my direction... Earl gave me the dirtiest look, turned around and completed a clean finish to the interview. Learned a lot more than baseball that day!

1/21/2013 12:31 PM

NSFW... but really funny

youtu.be/QWQbN0jFo_k

1/22/2013 4:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.