Coaches and levels Topic

Playing HBD for the first time and curious about coaching: Is it always better to have better coaches at higher levels?
Example: My Rookie league pitching coach has pitching ability of 63 and my lo-A coach has pitching ability of 43. Should I let my lo-A coach go, promote my rookie league coach by a level and hire a new rookie coach?
Seems obvious, but...
1/22/2013 11:57 AM
Go with the obvious!

You may have already done this but to get a sense of appropriate ratings for each level, I'd suggest looking at the average of coaches at each level in previous seasons. Others might offer that here, but you'll get a sense of what's appropriate (or better) for your world.

1/22/2013 12:08 PM
What about his patience and discipline? Loyalty?

What kind of prospects do you have at each level? Where do you expect them to be next season?
1/22/2013 8:21 PM
Posted by rabidkeith on 1/22/2013 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Playing HBD for the first time and curious about coaching: Is it always better to have better coaches at higher levels?
Example: My Rookie league pitching coach has pitching ability of 63 and my lo-A coach has pitching ability of 43. Should I let my lo-A coach go, promote my rookie league coach by a level and hire a new rookie coach?
Seems obvious, but...
How are you valuing his ABILITY? 
1/23/2013 12:58 PM
Yeah I don't think the fact that the coach can throw strikes will help much.
1/25/2013 6:43 PM
By pitching ability I meant pitching IQ. Thanks for the help!
1/25/2013 9:43 PM
Coaches and levels Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.