If you use a 1921 B. Ruth in a 160-180 mill league, will he generally post better stats than if it were a 255 mill league ?
1/22/2013 7:48 PM
There is a point at which the quality of pitching (/fielding) he faces is the best possible and as such the stats likely won't be better. 160m without WAA AAA probably still has a little room for improvement, but I'm not sure of this.
1/22/2013 8:01 PM
I don't think they'd be that much better honestly. 255 is overkill, but even at 160 he'd face excellent pitching.
1/22/2013 8:04 PM
The difference between $160m and $255m comes down to mostly depth. At $160m you're still drafting relative scrubs for your bench and mop up roles. At $255m you're fling your entire roster with the best of the best.

When I play $255m league my roster is typically between $200-230m; and I've taken who I feel is the best available with all 25 roster spots. At $160m I draft the best available at all of my starter roles and all RPs that I expect to have any significant role, but go with $200k backups and mop up, so I've got 4-8 minimum positions being filled.

So yes, Ruth will likely perform better, but only marginally so and only insofar as he's facing these weaker mop ups. If he's only facing pitchers who will play any significant role, the. Don't expect much improvement. Also, I notice at $255m, there are more hitter friendly ballparks, whereas at $160m there are still a good number of pitching friendly parks. So, expect that to also play a role.

All in all, I'd expect fairly similar stats overall.
1/22/2013 8:29 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.