Extra Eligibility year Topic

What is the precedent for getting a player an extra year. I am getting set to take over a sim coached team in another world and they have a player that did not play as a freshman. According to the stats he didn't even play in one game. With taking it over now, is there anyway I can get that to count as a redshirt season?
1/22/2013 10:48 PM
No, unless WIS grants you a special waver. That's not likely
1/23/2013 6:38 AM
So, then no one who is reading this has ever heard of it or tried to do it?
1/23/2013 12:34 PM
Players develop more slowly in their redshirt year.  I don't think WIS will let you count it retroactively
1/23/2013 11:52 PM
if a sim-coached team had a player that didn't play one season, it's pretty much a given he was ineligible that season. Sims always play their players otherwise. To check to see if he was ineligible, click on the player name to pull up his player profile. Then click Statistics. It will show Academic Non-Qualifier for that season.

If this is the case, which I bet it is, he WILL have an additional year if he keeps his grades up.
1/24/2013 7:18 AM

It doesn't reference it being a grading issue. It's just all zeros. G/GS, everything.

1/25/2013 7:51 AM
with it being D3 school, he could not be ineligible anyway (assuming the player is indeed George Rodiguez from Simpson)
1/28/2013 5:02 PM
Extra Eligibility year Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.