Metropolis is full--thanks! Topic

Metropolis is a fun, competitive, no-nonsense, no-drama world with a good core of long-term owners. We are a themed world, with NL franchises being named after heroes from comics, movies, or TV series, and AL franchises being named after villains. We have a few rules that prospective owners should be aware of:

1. Each team must win a minimum of 52 games in a season and a minimum of 175 games over three consecutive seasons.

2. All NL teams must be named after a known superhero, and all AL teams must be named after a known supervillain.

3. Each team must play in a city where there is currently a professional sports franchise in real life. This includes any city that currently has a team in the MLB, NHL, NBA, or NFL.

4. Teams (regardless of ownership changes) must remain in the same ballpark for five seasons minimum. A maximum of three teams per season may relocate.

Right now, we have the following openings. Sitemail me if you are interested.

OPEN FRANCHISES:
AL East-- Jacksonville: This team is coming off a 77 win season, but it finished 2nd in a division where the winner was 81-81, so there is an opportunity to compete right away or to focus on a long-term project. This franchise must remain in Jacksonville.

NOTE: We are willing to take on owners with no prior HBD experience, and we have had several stick around become successful owners. If you have no prior HBD experience, please make a case for yourself as someone who understands and is committed to being successful in HBD. Finding a mentor, taking time to read the forums and learn about the game, etc, will greatly increase your chances.

2/17/2013 12:57 AM (edited)
Great world full of great owners and a very cool theme. Sign up! You won't be disappionted
2/6/2013 10:21 AM
We have rolled! Join us!
2/7/2013 12:05 AM
hey guys--we literally started the offseason with only 3 openings.  Great return rate as always...should fill fast.

And you can start with a strong team, strong draft/weaker team, or mediocre.  Let's go!

2/8/2013 10:03 PM
Let's get these 3 spots filled... excellent world; stable ownership group; absolutely no trade BS or bickering. We can be setting budgets Monday, join now!
2/10/2013 10:51 AM
Let's go, let's go... only three spots to fill this season. You won't find a more stable world, with better parity & competitive balance. 
2/10/2013 1:46 PM

When the student is ready

the teacher appears . . . 

You will learn much in Metropolis, Grasshopper

2/10/2013 4:39 PM
Why join a world turning over 1/4 of its ownership base every season? Not here - Metropolis is a world with stability & competitive balance, one I'm proud to have invested in for 10+ seasons. Come join us!
2/10/2013 8:47 PM
Good morning folks, bumping to get this thing filled today! 
2/11/2013 6:47 AM
Any owners willing to do a swap with another great league, Dale Murphy.  Looking for someone for the long haul.  I'd take on St. Louis here.
2/11/2013 7:50 AM
reino4, I will ask in my world and see if we have any takers.
2/11/2013 5:21 PM
This is a great world with a stable core of friendly, competitive owners, and a fun world theme. Join us, and you won't regret it!
2/13/2013 12:53 PM
Two spots left. Grab your team today and we'll be setting budgets this weekend!
2/13/2013 9:19 PM
sweet!  2 more til we roll..let's go guys
2/14/2013 1:34 PM
Only 2 teams left. Including one with 1st pick in draft
2/15/2013 11:13 PM
12 Next ▸
Metropolis is full--thanks! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.