Playoffs will start soon.  I wouldn't mind promoting BudPalmer as a bench bat vs. lefties or TonyMiyakazi as a pure pinch-runner.

Miyakazi is expendable so I wouldn't mind losing an arb year, if I do.  But I wouldn't mind keeping control of Palmer in that regard.

So, assuming I call up Palmer for the last game or two and then the playoffs, how does that count against his arb year?  If I have him up for 15 games, for example, this year, do I have to leave him down for 35 games (or days) rather than 20, next year, to save the arb season down the line.

I probably should just do it, regardless, because he a pure platoon-type player...but humor me.  If a guy is up for 15 playoff games, how does that count against his ML years and arb?

moe
1/23/2013 7:47 PM
I don't think playoff games count as ML service time.

It's easy enough to test. Promote a player you don't care about at all. Leave them on the ML roster a few days. Move your mouse over the number next to ML Years on the player card. See if the day's number goes up.  Either way, you can demote that player before next season starts.

If it does, then you'll need to keep the player that many extra days in the MinL next season to extend arb one more season.

1/24/2013 1:33 AM
Playoff games definitely do not count towards ML service time.

I've brought up a number of players after the end of the regular season and added them to the playoff roster.
1/24/2013 5:57 AM
What tec said.
1/24/2013 8:42 AM
Thanks guys.  Palmer will come up.
1/24/2013 9:57 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.