Postseason Invitational Topic

Generally speaking, what does it take to earn a berth in the wanna be tourney?
1/23/2013 10:50 PM
Looking at the post-season standings, you probably need to be at #90 or better
1/23/2013 11:50 PM
wanna be tourney you mean PIT??  I have the same question for the NIT, I am currently repping #38 in the rankings, a 52 RPI and  45 SOS
1/24/2013 4:05 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 1/24/2013 4:05:00 PM (view original):
wanna be tourney you mean PIT??  I have the same question for the NIT, I am currently repping #38 in the rankings, a 52 RPI and  45 SOS
For D3, the last "at large" spot typically goes to a team in the low-to-mid 40s on the projection report. It varies from season to season based on the distribution of strong teams (conferences entirely of teams at 65+ on the projection report eat "at large" slots from teams with better projections) and the number of upsets during conference tourney play (the more "by the book" things go, typically the better for those teams in the mid/upper 40s in the projection report)
1/24/2013 4:57 PM
Like Al said, on the post-season tab at the top of your main page, click 'projection report.'  The rankings hold pretty true to NT teams and seeds.  For NT, top 45 on the projection report is pretty safe.  After that, it depends on how many automatic bids from CT winners are handed out to teams not in the top 64.  Because of the automatic bids, there is never one specific magic number that guarantees you're in.  
1/24/2013 4:57 PM
Postseason Invitational Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.