All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > What kind of offense does a fast break team play..
1/28/2013 9:13 PM
When a fast break team doesn't score of the break what kind of offensive set do they play? How does it score its points?

Caution....small sample size warning.....

I took a look at Westfields box scores (DIII Crum) and was surprised to find out that only 164 of the teams 1048 points are attributed to fbp.  That is an astonishing low 15.6% .  Where do the other 84.4% of the team's points come from?  If I were to consider taking over a fast break team would I recruit players like a triangle? a motion?  Does it even matter, do I just go for players with high speed and stamina?

1/29/2013 4:25 PM (edited)
if there is no true break on a possession, a fastbreak team runs an offense that's pretty similar to a Motion, but slightly more aggressiv (i got this response from a ticket i sent in)
1/29/2013 12:49 AM
Showtime Lakers
1/29/2013 1:31 PM
...only 164 of the teams 1048 points are attributed to fbp
I never thought to look at that.  Cool.
1/29/2013 2:42 PM
Even in my very best seasons, I rarely dominate the FB point category.  Heck, this year I put up 130+ on a team and I think only 20something of those were on the break.
All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > What kind of offense does a fast break team play..

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.