What kind of offense does a fast break team play.. Topic

When a fast break team doesn't score of the break what kind of offensive set do they play? How does it score its points?

Caution....small sample size warning.....

I took a look at Westfields box scores (DIII Crum) and was surprised to find out that only 164 of the teams 1048 points are attributed to fbp.  That is an astonishing low 15.6% .  Where do the other 84.4% of the team's points come from?  If I were to consider taking over a fast break team would I recruit players like a triangle? a motion?  Does it even matter, do I just go for players with high speed and stamina?

1/28/2013 9:13 PM
if there is no true break on a possession, a fastbreak team runs an offense that's pretty similar to a Motion, but slightly more aggressiv (i got this response from a ticket i sent in)
1/29/2013 4:25 PM (edited)
Showtime Lakers
1/29/2013 12:49 AM
...only 164 of the teams 1048 points are attributed to fbp
I never thought to look at that.  Cool.
1/29/2013 1:31 PM
Even in my very best seasons, I rarely dominate the FB point category.  Heck, this year I put up 130+ on a team and I think only 20something of those were on the break.
1/29/2013 2:42 PM
What kind of offense does a fast break team play.. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.