Canseco Season 19: 2 Spots Only! Topic

Thanks for clicking!

Canseco is in mid-playoffs and we're determinted to recruit proactively for the fastest possible rollover. The great news (for us) is that it looks like we're only going to have a pair of open spots, both for teams that have been competitive in recent years and will be ready to win very soon.  I'm giving the holdouts the rest of the evening to confirm that they won't be back; once they do, I'm going to post the info for the open teams. But I want to open up the forum to anyone who might be interested right now.

Applicants will be considered on a first come, first serve basis and if 2 people are interested, we can be starting up the offseason a little more than a week from today.

Canseco is a great world with a ton of long-time owners and zero drama. Frankly, the fact that we'll only have two spaces to fill should speak for itself in this regard. We passed our first set of league rules this season, establishing a rolling win minimum of 115/180/250 for 2/3/4 seasons respectively.Next season will be the first to count against that statute and I expect this to make an already very competitive league even better.

Bottom line: Canseco is a fun world that will roll quickly and put you in control of a team that is ready to win soon. Sitemail me if you're interested; if you do so before we post the two franchises you'll have first pick once you see them and still be able to back out if you don't like what you see.

1/29/2013 5:52 PM
This is a great world. Really good group of owners and KMC is doing a great job as commissioner. I would recommend this world to anyone looking for a fun, casually-competitive world with no drama.
1/30/2013 11:46 AM
Here are your two available teams.  Both are in the NL West which is typically a very winnable division (3 of the 4 teams, including the two below, have won division titles in the past 3 seasons): 

Anaheim Shanks: 82-80 last season, 86 wins and a division title the season before.  A few absolute mashers at the ML level and a 23-year-old ace pitcher in Horacio Castillo.  Talent is better than the record: had a .577 Exp% last year meaning they're ready to win right away but will pick in the mid-teens due to their so-so record.  In a typically winnable division and in possession of several studs -- smartly build a supporting cast and you can be a perennial playoff team pronto.

Scottsdale Snipers: 80-82 last season, 82 the year before, 80 and a division title before that.  Another team that undeperformed expectations and had an Exp% of .540.  A young team, even at the ML level, with a slugging 22-year old RF named Edwin Wise that should provide a nice centerpiece.  There are a handful of other solid players at all levels and a good deal of financial flexibility going forward (only 3 players committed next year for a total of $17.1 million and all three are good deals.  This is a mini-rebuild but there are the pieces and flexibility to prevent it from being an extended one.

Post here if you must but I'd prefer a sitemail.  More teams may become available if we get hit with any surprises but I expect these to be the only two and us to be rolling in a little over a week.  FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
1/30/2013 2:32 PM
Concur with double-a... been an owner since its inception and it continues to strengthen each year.
1/30/2013 4:36 PM
The more I look at it the clearer it becomes that this Anaheim team is seriously ready to compete.  I'd trade my lineup for theirs in a heartbeat and there are zero people in my organization who could fetch Castillo straight up.  Scottsdale is rebuildy-er depsite the similar record but it's not an overwhelming rebuild.
1/30/2013 5:06 PM
Bump-a-dump
1/31/2013 1:24 PM
Anaheim is taken.  A new team has, however, popped open.  And this is a GREAT one: loaded at the ML level, 7 straight playoff appearances and a .627 Exp% last year.  This one should go pretty fast it's an awesome team in the AL West:

Fresno Warriors

Stilll available: Scottsdale, from above.  If you're even moderately considering adding a team please Sitemail me I'd love to talk more about Canseco.

2/1/2013 11:25 AM
Bump.  Fresno is a killer team you should check them out.
2/4/2013 1:06 PM
Bump
2/7/2013 11:10 AM
Come on and sign up for a great league!
2/8/2013 1:15 PM
Fear the Rabbit.
2/9/2013 1:11 PM
Bump
2/10/2013 3:34 PM
Canseco Season 19: 2 Spots Only! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.