PLAYING LIVE Topic

I am getting this when I try to log on from my mac.  I use this mac ALL the time and played yesterday. I have not changed anything with my computer....any suggestions?
1/31/2013 8:12 PM
I can't get on with my Mac either. Sent a ticket.
2/1/2013 12:28 AM
I have a Mac using OS X (version 10.4.11) with 2.16 GHz processor, 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM with Macintosh HD and got NP. Safari user here.
2/1/2013 1:39 AM
I don't know a lot about Macs, but it may be related to the Java problems.  Ive seen reports of other Mac users having issues with Java lately.
2/1/2013 8:46 AM
After installing Java 7, I had to delete it and replace it with Java 6 to get WIS to work. Java and Mac are definitely having issues, but Java 6 has always worked fine and was working yesterday until sometime in the late afternoon or evening.
2/1/2013 1:43 PM
leeelci, can you post here what OS version you are using? Support cites reports that Apple has blocked Java (which Apple did for Java 7 a few months ago) and that nothing can be done until either Java or Apple comes out with an update.
2/1/2013 5:16 PM
Apple is reportedly blocking both Java 6 and Java 7 on it's recent OS versions, OS X 10.6 and up. At this moment in time there does not appear to be any way around it until Java releases an update.

2/1/2013 5:27 PM
It looks like Apple has released an update for Java 7 - update 13 within the past hour or so.  This might resolve those with issues on Java 7.  If this resolves your issues with the inactive plug in please let us know.

I believe that Java 6 will require a separate update.  OS X 10.6 and before cannot run Java 7, only Java 6.

Java 7 Update 13
Note: Oracle’s Java will only install and function on OS X 10.7.3 and higher.

From Oracle -
Oracle's Java 7u13, the latest release, will allow Java to be run on Mac OS X. Oracle's Java 7u11 and below have been disabled by Apple on OS X. Updating to 7u13 will allow secure Java to once again work.

2/1/2013 5:36 PM
The problem appears to have been resolved with Oracle's quick release of an update to Java. The link below goes to the download page. Thanks to support for being diligent in trying to resolve the issue and noticing that the update had just been released. I'm able to get into Live using Safari and Firefox.

www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
2/1/2013 5:56 PM (edited)
Thanks guys for the help...

I think I am in...
2/2/2013 12:34 AM
GETTING OLD......

Anyone else having an issue with Playing Live????

2/6/2013 9:26 PM
PLAYING LIVE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.