Does a Promised Start apply to Post Season? Topic

If you have promised a start to a Freshman does that just apply to the regular season or will he complain if you bench him in Post Season play?
Also is the trigger for complaining and loss of WE not starting 2 consecuative games or just 2 games in total?
2/2/2013 5:03 AM
I always pull guys I made promise to for post season unless they're still the best player to use. They  never complain once the regular season ends.

I have had players complain after the 1st regular season game if they didn't start. Some have went on a rare occasion up to 4. Two is the norm but it depends on the player.

2/2/2013 7:24 AM
If you have started them for every regular season game, then they probably wont complain about missing a few playoff starts, but I was told by WIS maybe a year ago that playoff games are no different than regular season games when it comes to promised starts.
2/2/2013 9:16 PM
No you can bench him in postseason and yes its 2 games consecutively...
2/2/2013 11:51 PM
Thanks everybody I will let you know what happens.
2/3/2013 7:32 PM
Never had an issue with play off starts, I bench guys routinely once the CC happens.
2/3/2013 10:34 PM
Does a Promised Start apply to Post Season? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.