I'm not a huge GD guy, more of an HD guy but I really enjoy it for certain stretches. Not having Junior College or Transfer players might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of though. First of all, it's not realistic. Second, it's a great way to balance classes and build a program, and third is it adds strategy to the game. Do you recruit half JC half HS. All HS guys, etc.  

I don't know if there is a good reason I'm missing but this just seems ridiculous.
2/2/2013 1:45 PM
Does HD have JC guys?
2/2/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by bhouska on 2/2/2013 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Does HD have JC guys?
Yeah and as the OP said its a great feature.
2/2/2013 3:08 PM
Yes not having JC players is ridiculous maybe norbert can do something about this? Norbert what say you!?
2/2/2013 11:58 PM
@bhouska---Yes, HD has JC players which is nice to add that extra guy to a strong senior or junior class or as mentioned above to balance classes. If I remember correctly the JC players can be either true junior or sophmores(maybe redshirted sophmore I don't remember its been years since I played HD).
2/3/2013 12:00 AM
JUCOs in HD can have 2 or 3 years of eligibility left (JR or SO).

There are also Transfer players in HD ... players who leave when they don't get the playing time they want ... and if they know the Offense and Defense you run, they can come in a be a star.

That is a very important part of HD ... as are International Recruits.

It is also why I have 10 HD teams and one GD team :)
2/3/2013 9:44 AM
Very nice hughes thank you for the informative post!
2/3/2013 11:48 AM
Check out this thread, where I took it one step further (hyeena being my other moniker).
2/3/2013 1:55 PM
Yes, I remember that forum caesari! They should give you free seasons for your great well thought out ideas and posts! (Then punish you when you're a douche occasionally ;) lol)

2/3/2013 2:54 PM
I played Junior college football for two years thats mainly why i LIKE the idea lol
2/3/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/3/2013 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I remember that forum caesari! They should give you free seasons for your great well thought out ideas and posts! (Then punish you when you're a douche occasionally ;) lol)

Ugh are you still around? I was hoping a bus hit you by now. 
2/3/2013 3:53 PM
The transfer element is something i would not like to see.  I am all for jucos because I agree they make things a bit more interesting in HBD.  Problem with the transfers is when I played HBD a long time ago there were people taking over teams and cutting most of the team.  Football transferring is NOT as common as basketball transferring and unfortunately if they implemented transfers in GD it would have a high likelihood of not being a subtle system.  I agree that if you CUT a player he should be put into the system somewhere but most players that are cut are absolutely garbage so the effect would be minimal. 
2/3/2013 9:54 PM
+1 I like what you're saying trombumpet the cut players can be allowed to transfer and definitely with the JC players being added! If their going to do that they may as well ad a NFL type system above D-1
2/4/2013 4:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.